Sign in to follow this  
The Professor

Poor Little Rich Boy Infused w/ The Magic of Rock and Roll

http://media.putfile.com/Poor-Little-Rich-Boy---Regina-Spektor

Ya, I'm already regretting the title...Anyway! this is another one of my experiments. I pretty much just added Guitar, Bass and Drums on top of Regina's orignal tracks. I thought it turned out decently, so I thought I'd post it up. I kept everything as raw and unprocessed as possible (I added some room reverb because I'm recording at my house which has shit acoustics).

And as with Ghost of Corporate Future, some of the timing is off ocassionally, but nothing toooo distracting. Thanks to everyone who listens. Smiler

http://media.putfile.com/Poor-Little-Rich-Boy---Regina-Spektor

Ya, I'm already regretting the title...Anyway! this is another one of my experiments. I pretty much just added Guitar, Bass and Drums on top of Regina's orignal tracks. I thought it turned out decently, so I thought I'd post it up. I kept everything as raw and unprocessed as possible (I added some room reverb because I'm recording at my house which has shit acoustics).

And as with Ghost of Corporate Future, some of the timing is off ocassionally, but nothing toooo distracting. Thanks to everyone who listens. Smiler

Professor-

I'm gonna be honest. The GCF experiment I found interesting. But I think this is the wrong song to touch. My reasoning. The whole drumstick thing is simple. It hearkens back to regina's time without a piano. It's music in it's purest form. The song was meant to be simple and raw. The additions distract and hide the simplicity. That's just my opinion. I hope you are looking for feedback as you were with the GCF experiment. You didn't specifically ask for it with this post. If you're not soliciting feedback then never mind. Wink

G

EDIT:I still admire your initiative!

andreseng, thanks for taking the time to reply. I completely see where ou are coming from, and in a way I agree with you. In fact I think the simplicity is why I picked it. That way there would be lot's of room to add/develp new ideas to the song. I didn't mean to take away the "purity" of the original. Please, no one take these little experiments seriously hahaha. They're just me messing around. It's just for fun. I didn't mean to screw up the initial message/sound regina wanted with the song. But yeah, looking back, I definaly see what you mean. I was just trying to make the song a little different is all. Thanks for not being afraid to share your opinion Wink. It got me rethinking doing certain songs because of what the orginal means (what you said about it heakening back to her time without a piano).