chatreuse rhinocerous

What are you listening to right now?

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I know I'm not supposed to have it in the USA until May but....

Marina and the Diamonds album, The Family Jewels. It's goooooood.

I listened to it once and thought 'weird but kinda different and cool', I listened to it a second and a sixth time. So good and different and great. I always look up Stixer suggestions, that one by 'Marina and the Diamonds' I downloaded.

Is it just me, but has liking Regina made all of us give all music more of a chance? Now a days I listen to everything through and through before I write it off. I have even downloaded rap stuff I never thought I would. Is it just me or is today's music better than it used to be? Because of Regina I listen to B-sides. I look for all the non pop charters. I used to be a Beatle NUT!!! (still am). Everyone knew 'Yesterday' and 'Hey Jude' (great songs) but I was like 'what about 'Fixing a Hole' and 'I'm Looking Through You'? Songs like that, that people didn't really know. I was pissed. Regina Spektor did such a mind game on me that I look at ALL music different then I ever used to. And I'm so glad. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Rude Boy - Rihanna

Is it just me, or is pop music getting dirtier?

Hell yes it is... The first time I heard that song, I thought, "Am I hearing this correctly, or is she asking a potential mate whether he is physically capable of erection?"

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Rude Boy - Rihanna

Is it just me, or is pop music getting dirtier?

Hell yes it is... The first time I heard that song, I thought, "Am I hearing this correctly, or is she asking a potential mate whether he is physically capable of erection?"

My friend had made up her own words to the song, then read the real lyrics and was really shocked. I laughed so hard Big Grin

Bless her innocent ears.

Seriously though, it worries my that 10 & 12 year old girls are going round singing: 'Come on rude boy can you get it up?'

Fuck, I'm getting old.