chatreuse rhinocerous

What are you listening to right now?

quote:
Originally posted by thefinalfling:

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:

Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken - Camera Obscura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6hByzuntC4

I think this is my favorite band atm. It's really a shame that more people don't know them Frowner

Scotish pop bands FTW!

Cynthia, believe it or not Camera Obscura are not very well known in Scotland. They don't get much airplay even on local radio stations. Only a couple of shows actually play good local bands.

I am obviously biased, but there are so many great Scottish pop bands. What others do you like?

Unfortunately I don't know that many bands from Scotland just Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Teenage Fanclub, Travis and KT Tunstall. If you have anything good to recommend, I will be very thankful!

My love for Camera Obscura grew like 100000000000 times after I saw them live 2 months ago! They are amazing! I like them since 2006 and I thought they would never come to Brazil... May 26th was the happiest day of 2010 so far. The video I posted was from that show. And B&S are probably coming to Brazil in November!

Anyway, I'm listening to Gasoline by The Dead Weather

Oedipus - Reginka

For some reason Oedipus just feels so right at the moment. It's probably because it's kind of the same setting as when I first heard it... <3

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

For some reason Oedipus just feels so right at the moment. It's probably because it's kind of the same setting as when I first heard it... <3

I know exactly what you mean! It's crazy when life comes full circle like that.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by thefinalfling:

quote:

Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken - Camera Obscura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6hByzuntC4

I think this is my favorite band atm. It's really a shame that more people don't know them Frowner

Scotish pop bands FTW!

Cynthia, believe it or not Camera Obscura are not very well known in Scotland. They don't get much airplay even on local radio stations. Only a couple of shows actually play good local bands.

I am obviously biased, but there are so many great Scottish pop bands. What others do you like?

Unfortunately I don't know that many bands from Scotland just Belle & Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Teenage Fanclub, Travis and KT Tunstall. If you have anything good to recommend, I will be very thankful!

My love for Camera Obscura grew like 100000000000 times after I saw them live 2 months ago! They are amazing! I like them since 2006 and I thought they would never come to Brazil... May 26th was the happiest day of 2010 so far. The video I posted was from that show. And B&S are probably coming to Brazil in November!

Anyway, I'm listening to Gasoline by The Dead Weather

Hi again Cynthia.

Those are all great bands/singers. Teenage Fanclub are legends in Scotland. Just about every Scottish band since have been influenced by them. I have been listening to their new album all week. Fran Healy from Travis also has a new solo album coming out soon.

There are so many more to choose from, but if you like Camera Obscura best then you might like these:

http://www.myspace.com/atticlights

http://www.myspace.com/sonsanddaughters

Sadly this next band split up, but their singer is still releasing solo records:

And last, in case you haven't heard it before, here's the one that inspired Camera Obscura's most famous song:

If you get bored with all those I can recommend plenty more Smiler

'Firewood' (which someone said they heard now is the official name). I listened to the live version in Copenhagen. SO GREAT!! Her little off tune solo parts on the piano are there again, so they must be on purpose. Which makes sense with the words that the piano is about to go but not ready for 'firewood yet'. Could it be that she goes a little off-key to fit those words? How cool would that be! So Regina. I bet that's right.