chatreuse rhinocerous

What are you listening to right now?

quote:
Originally posted by mrimarokr:

Baby Birch- Joanna Newsom... I can't shake the feeling that this is about a miscarriage. Absolutely in love with the last bit of the song, the instrumentation is just pure perfection.

I read somewhere that it isn't actually about a miscarriage, but about the child she wanted to have with a man she is no longer with.

And how she thought he would be the father of her first child, but now they are no longer together, thus "killing" that future child.

I can't remember where i read that though!

(and by the way, that song is absolutely heartbreakingly sublimely perfect)

"I promised you I'd set them to verse so I'd always remember

That the meteorite is a source of the light

And the meteor's just what we see

And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee" I'm absolutely in love with this whole song but these lyrics get me everytime Smiler

Emily - Joanna Newsom

^ I loooove Joanna Newsom and Emily! <3 Everything I know about meteorites I have learnt from her. Big Grin

Currently listening I Won't Say I'm in Love from Hercules. The Finnish version, for I prefer Megara's Finnish voice to the original. I'm not especially fond of all the other music from that film (who on Earth came up with this brilliant idea of putting gospel in a story based on Greek mythology?), but this song is great and tons of fun to sing along with.