Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

bon idee!

i have a theory about the song bon idee. To me it is reminiscent of the book Siddhartha. Siddhartha disliked and mistrusted words because an idea can't always be put into words exactly the way you want it; it can come out wrong and be manipulated and the meaning becomes less and less than the original ideal. Also, a major theme in Siddhartha was that love is the most important thing in the world, which explains the "Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love" parts in the beginning and end of the song. oh, and she did say in an interview that hermann hesse is one of her favorite authors Smiler

hopefully those of you who have read siddhartha will know what i'm talking about Smiler

i have a theory about the song bon idee. To me it is reminiscent of the book Siddhartha. Siddhartha disliked and mistrusted words because an idea can't always be put into words exactly the way you want it; it can come out wrong and be manipulated and the meaning becomes less and less than the original ideal. Also, a major theme in Siddhartha was that love is the most important thing in the world, which explains the "Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love" parts in the beginning and end of the song. oh, and she did say in an interview that hermann hesse is one of her favorite authors Smiler

hopefully those of you who have read siddhartha will know what i'm talking about Smiler

im pretty sure its just a mistake. i think regina just plays around with french but doesnt speak any... shes probly very interessted in french with songs like Bon Idee, Apres Moi, and Baobabs.... all great songs, and she obviously worked hard on her "apres moi le deluge" line because she said it well......

im so excited with every added member who speaks french, im thinking about posting in french once in a while, theres some people from the netherlands, and some people learning french (like me)... so im pretty sure posting in a different language woud be cool with everyone, please do if you feel the need!!!!!!!!