Sign in to follow this  
ElephantHead

Coachella Webcast tonight!

thanks so much for this!!

it's brilliant. Smiler

and hey, how did you get this video??

there's one performance from coachella that i'd give my right arm to see!! help? Smiler

I recorded just the audio portion. But BrotherKane got the full video version so you need to thank him!

I know what you want. Put it out there. You never know. anilla wants needs the frames. Anyone get it?

Also watch this website under the Live Performances tab. I understand they will be updating this from time to time. If you see them up there hollar at me and I'll snag it for you.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

I recorded just the audio portion. But BrotherKane got the full video version so you need to thank him!

I know what you want. Put it out there. You never know. anilla wants needs the frames. Anyone get it?

Also watch this website under the Live Performances tab. I understand they will be updating this from time to time. If you see them up there hollar at me and I'll snag it for you.

teehee. you got it, g! Big Grin

i will put the word out there fer sure. Smiler

thanks again!

Since I have uploaded some Coachella clips to YouTube (Poor Little Rich Boy, Bobbin' for Apples, Samson, Sailor Song, Us, and Ain't No Cover), I want to point out one thing: These clips are not taken from BrotherKane's file, but from my own capture of the stream. Why is this important to mention? Because it would be rather rude of me to take someone else's recording and upload it to YouTube without giving credit to the person recording. That is not something I would do, and I don't want people to believe I have done that...

I have compared my recording with BrotherKane's and they are identical in terms of video and audio quality. This has nothing to do with location (I am in Sweden), as was suggested, but with the tools used to capture the video. Just like BrotherKane, I have used a Mac with QuickTime and the Flip4Mac plugin. It's worth mentioning that Coachella used different versions of the stream for Mac users and Windows users (something I figured out by looking at a JavaScript at their site). I will not dwell on the details or the implications this may have had on the possibility to record the stream.

Momo commented that the quality "sucks tho". Yes, it sucks, and this is mainly because the quality of Coachella's stream sucked - and of course YouTube's sucking file conversion makes it suck even more.

/stare

quote:
Originally posted by stare:

Momo commented that the quality "sucks tho". Yes, it sucks, and this is mainly because the quality of Coachella's stream sucked - and of course YouTube's sucking file conversion makes it suck even more.

/stare

hey don't take it personally the quality is good enough for me, i got it posted on my blog. I was just saying that because I was recommending the videos to other people and just wanted to let them know that it is not the best quality. I think the sound is great and that is what matters, right? Wink