Sign in to follow this  
Beechcraft Bonanza

Rant about a band

Aw... my punkrockband Shaken Baby Syndrome is breaking up after 4 years. Cracked me up bad, I almost cried during the first few songs of rehearsal after hearing the news (but being a leadguitarist, that could be channelled into some beautifull heartfelt solo's if I do say so myself)... oh well, we weren't that ambitious and our last gig was march last year and half the band is moving from Zwolle to Amsterdam and our bassplayer has a little baby-boy that just needs his time... All good reasons to quit off course, and the other guys recently have so much difficulty to get to rehearsal on time too (due to work, distance and child)... It ain't really worth it no more. I'll miss it though... We plan to do one last gig so if you accidentaly happen to be in the Netherlands at that time come check us out, it's your one and only chance! :P

Has anyone else been in a band that broke up? did it also feel like the end of an era?

oh well, they didn't even know Regina Spektor Wink

website (dutch only) of ShaBaSyn= www.shakenbabysyndrome.nl , it has some demotracks and video's of early live shows.

Aw... my punkrockband Shaken Baby Syndrome is breaking up after 4 years. Cracked me up bad, I almost cried during the first few songs of rehearsal after hearing the news (but being a leadguitarist, that could be channelled into some beautifull heartfelt solo's if I do say so myself)... oh well, we weren't that ambitious and our last gig was march last year and half the band is moving from Zwolle to Amsterdam and our bassplayer has a little baby-boy that just needs his time... All good reasons to quit off course, and the other guys recently have so much difficulty to get to rehearsal on time too (due to work, distance and child)... It ain't really worth it no more. I'll miss it though... We plan to do one last gig so if you accidentaly happen to be in the Netherlands at that time come check us out, it's your one and only chance! :P

Has anyone else been in a band that broke up? did it also feel like the end of an era?

oh well, they didn't even know Regina Spektor Wink

website (dutch only) of ShaBaSyn= www.shakenbabysyndrome.nl , it has some demotracks and video's of early live shows.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

a 38 year old second gen. hippie gunna do as a hobby besides take up tyedying

Damn, your father's a young man. He'll bounce back! Either you're a lot younger than I thought or he had you very young.

Smiler And what's wrong with tye dying? Wink ***

G

***Note the properly placed smileys!!

I am still in a band that's lasted about six years...the trauma was losing my best friend (who, now, I do not really consider my friend anymore...) and the second founding member of the band. Things just seemed so different.

But now it's okay! The band is better than ever!

Hope you start a new band and continue to love making music!