Sign in to follow this  
Dan the man

New version of Better in the works?

Did anyone else read the article in Denver Westword where she mentions that she has been in the studio recording Better in a new way? It makes me wonder if it will be the next single, if it will show up in a movie soundtrack soon, or a TV show, or commercial.

Man, I'd love to know what other tracks she might be laying down.

Did anyone else read the article in Denver Westword where she mentions that she has been in the studio recording Better in a new way? It makes me wonder if it will be the next single, if it will show up in a movie soundtrack soon, or a TV show, or commercial.

Man, I'd love to know what other tracks she might be laying down.

I like it both ways. They both have their merits.

The simplicity of the piano version really draws you in. The studio version with Strokes guitarist Nick Valensi's power chords provide a real backbone for that version yet reg still shines through.

Now I'll have a third version to love.

better actually isn't a song i really enjoy to listen to... i like the piano-only version more than the full band, though.

it will be interesting to see what ends up happening.

I like both versions, solo and with the band. I like the way the guitar and drums build up, drawing you into the song, then stopping suddenly when she breaks in. Shawn Pelton is one of my favorite drummers, he's worked with some great bands, Sheryl Crow, Shawn Colvin, and the SNL band.