Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

Voice on Tape

Yeah, this is definently an actual message. I found an interview with Jenny where she talks about Voice on Tape...

"LG: People will notice that Regina Spektor is on the intro for “Voice on tape” how did that happen?

JOY: Oh yeah, that message, Regina left me that message when we first became friends which was when I was a freshman in college and I did something awesome and she left me that message but it was about 3 minutes longer than you hear on the song. I saved it at the time because I thought I wanted to use it for something at some point and then it just seemed like the thing to do for that song."

Here's a link to the interview if anyone wants to read it.

http://getglucky.blogspot.com/2007/10/jenny-owen-youngs-interview.html

woah cool. i really like this song and i've never heard of jenny owen youngs...will listen to more.

it's great that even when she's talking to her friends regina goes on these tangents about machines replacing people and just sounds so.. well dramatic isn't the right word. like emotional/powerful/profound i guess?

Yeh I love how trippy Regina is. It's like shes always got her own lil outlook or interpretation or analysis of everything. Its uber fantastic!

And nice track.

Maybe it was the fact that she has put a phone message from Regina in her song lol.

I don't think we'll ever know, unless one of us infiltrates Regina's/Jenny's circle of friends and gain's their trust enough to be let in on the secret unbelievable act... It's an undercover job but I'm sure one of us it up to it. lol

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Maybe it was the fact that she has put a phone message from Regina in her song lol.

I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, it makes sense.

But didn't she say in that one interview that she saved the message a long time ago to use it and Reg said that after Jenny did something...idk...funny?