Sign in to follow this  
Brenna!

Which version of Samson do you like better?

i kinda go back and forth, it's relly just a prefernece of the performances since the song itself doesnt differ all that much between the two versions. either way, it was one of the first regina songs i fell in love with when i first got Songs.

I like them both so much but I think I slightly prefer the "Songs" version, even though I know Regina obviously didn't like that one. (Shrug)

It seems to me that Regina tends to speed up songs the older they get. Regardless, when I first heard the version of Samson on BTH I didn't like it because I was used to the Songs version. Now after listening to it a lot I like the BTH version better and the Songs version seems just a bit too slow.

Im not sure which I prefer, but the songs version is one of first songs I heard of hers and fell in love with so I guess it has a stronger hold on me than the BTH version.

I go back and forth with those two. I used to like the Songs version much better, but lately I've really been enjoying the BTH one. It definitely is clearer.

I was at a party and I stole this chick's iPod, because I do that to see what kind of music they listen to. This girl was decked out in black and safety pins and eyeliner, but when I looked under Artists I saw Regina Spektor. I clicked on it, and she only had one song of hers, and it was Samson. So, I was like, "REGINASPEKTORKSAJFALDSKJFSKLJLL!!! ILUFFHERWHOAKALDFS!!!" If that wasn't enough to completely freak her out, I noticed that it was the Songs version, and so then I went on to exclaim, "AND IT'S THE SONGS VERSIONholycrap!"

She was frightened.

But um, anyway - I have to agree with Perks on this one. BTH Samson was the first one I heard, it made both my mom and my aunt cry. I think I've been pretty good in my preference for really raw-sounding music, but once in a while, there's a song that deserves that polish. Samson is one of those songs.