Sign in to follow this  
k8e

Where does Regina live?

quote:
Originally posted by shorty_longpants:

It was either than answer or assume they are crazy and address that issue.

Not bad for a shorty longpants. Maybe there's a little tally shortpants in you after all?

I think you guys are wrong about that post. I think the person just wanted to know where in NY Regina lives. Maybe so s/he could walk around the area and imagine Regina there, the way a tourist in London might visit Stratford Upon Avon and imagine Shakespeare there. Why not?

maybe the O.P. is just hoping to run into regina???

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt...cuz that's creepy if they were trying to find out where she lives and ACTIVELY seek her...that IS stalking.

But hoping to run into her somewhere at her local haunts or neighborhood isn't weird, is it? LOL

All nice points in a perfect world. But I'm sorry, I have to disagree. I think my point overrides them all. You just never know these days and it's best to play it safe.

At the time that was also a first post. The OP asked for exactly, not vicinity, not neighborhood.

Bottom line is the OP is probably harmless. You just can't take a chance on it though. Some people thought Mark Chapman was innocent enough.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

All nice points in a perfect world. But I'm sorry, I have to disagree. I think my point overrides them all. You just never know these days and it's best to play it safe.

At the time that was also a first post. The OP asked for exactly, not vicinity, not neighborhood.

Bottom line is the OP is probably harmless. You just can't take a chance on it though. Some people thought Mark Chapman was innocent enough.

The first thing I did was check the member's posts, and i believe her first post was actually June 5th, and she registered May 23rd, but i agree that it is best to err on the safer side. I liked matthew button's response--making light of the situation, while avoiding it.

quote:
Originally posted by shorty_longpants:

Because he is alive in spirit and she is alive in more than spirit? Re: Shakespeare, you wouldn't call that stalkerish.

Okay, so let's say someone is going to London and wondering which section Tom Stoppard lives in (he's a hero of mine). Or JK Rowling. It doesn't necessarily mean the person is a stalker. He or she could just be an ardent fan, excited to explore the haunts of a celeb the same way they'd be excited if they got a drumstick used by their favorite drummer. (Think of all the people who pay for celeb memorabilia. Are they all nuts?)

I doubt the poster thought fans here would have Regina's home address. I think the answer the poster was seeking was more like: "I think she lives in the Village." Or "I have friends who see her sometimes at XXX restaurant." I think a fan might be interested in that information without being a nut.

I absolutely agree that Regina, as a young woman, needs to take care. But I think people could ask the poster in a friendly way to explain what s/he is looking for.

I wouldn't belabor this except I was just mentioning Brumstix on the Live Journal Regina site, asking if anyone went here, and one person said they had visited but found the core group at Brumstix unfriendly to new posters.

I don't agree (people have been nice to me, and I've seen other new posters welcomed), but yesterday I happened to read another recent post in which a longtime Brumstix member was a bit harsh with a first-time poster. Made me wonder.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

I don't agree (people have been nice to me, and I've seen other new posters welcomed), but yesterday I happened to read another recent post in which a longtime Brumstix member was a bit harsh with a first-time poster. Made me wonder.

Sometimes a post can get misconstrued. Especially since there is a total lack of inflection. With that said, what did I do?