Sign in to follow this  
k8e

Where does Regina live?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

I don't agree (people have been nice to me, and I've seen other new posters welcomed), but yesterday I happened to read another recent post in which a longtime Brumstix member was a bit harsh with a first-time poster. Made me wonder.

Sometimes a post can get misconstrued. Especially since there is a total lack of inflection. With that said, what did I do?

LOL, it wasn't you. But I agree it can be hard to read tone in posts(as w/ emails). All the more reason to try to sound friendly?

By the way, Andreseng, I suspect you are hypervigilant re:Regina because you have a teenaged daughter. Smiler

quote:

By the way, Andreseng, I suspect you are hypervigilant re:Regina because you have a teenaged daughter. Smiler

You're probably on to something there and I guess I was over the top.

I can truelly understand why a fan would want to know where Regina lives. In Paris and London they have those plaques on the buildings: here lived Balzac, in this house resided Dickens - I got a such a kick out of it! Obviously, it is different when an object of your passion is still alive - you wouldn't provide an exact address. However, if a fan wants to try to understand her better - you might want to explore Bronx, and NYC as a whole. No matter where she currently lives - she is a New Yorker, so any place in NY is a part of her. Though I wish somebody would ask her in an interview which are her favorite places in NY. New York is so different. I bet it would not be the Plaza Hotel Wink

hey guys. it's me again: the somewhat infamous pseudo-stalker. i know it's somewhat of a dead issue, but i just noticed the new replies to my initial post. i wanted to clarify i'm not planning on partaking in any stalkerish activities. i'm a 20 year old girl who just got into regina this year and really love her. and i'm sorry if the post was vague, it was just a whim to see if anyway did know the vicinity of her residence since i'd be in her hometown. i wasn't planning on running into her and fully realize the impossibility of that, but i just thought i'd be cool to know i was in an area where she frequents or recently was. i obviously didn't think anyone would know her address and be willing to give it to some random poster. yeah and additionally, this whole post is somewhat undermined by the fact that there's a strong chance now i won't even be able to go to new york. SO sorry for the confusion. i didn't mean any harm.

quote:

I don't agree (people have been nice to me, and I've seen other new posters welcomed), but yesterday I happened to read another recent post in which a longtime Brumstix member was a bit harsh with a first-time poster. Made me wonder.

this wasnt me was it? i dont know the strength of my own words sometimes,,, i am a mean person, though you wouldnt guess by lookin at me... some complex i suppose...sorry if it was me.