Sign in to follow this  
No Need To Be Alone

Entertainment Weekly reviews "Instant Karma"

As you all must know, the CD "Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur" features a lovely rendition of the Lennon tune "Real Love" sung by our very own Regina! Entertainment Weekly reviewed the CD and had quite a lot to say about Regina! Here's the Spektor portion of the review. (It's even the last paragraph! Great finisher!)

"Regina Spektor's "Real Love" outstrips the modest original - blasphemous as that is to say - by introducing rich undercurrents. Her nearly classical piano arrangement adds a run of fearsome, dark chords around the "No need to be afraid" section, so that when she breaks into the chorus' tender promise, it's a fantastic sunburst. I've never been a huge Spektor booster before, but for these three minutes and 56 seconds, she's my new American Idol."

- Chris Willman (Entertainment Weekly)

Of the 23 tracks on the CD, "Real Love" was the one song given the honor of being the "Download This" song.

So yay!! It really is an amazing song. GREAT job, Regina! I hope this is news to some of you.

As you all must know, the CD "Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur" features a lovely rendition of the Lennon tune "Real Love" sung by our very own Regina! Entertainment Weekly reviewed the CD and had quite a lot to say about Regina! Here's the Spektor portion of the review. (It's even the last paragraph! Great finisher!)

"Regina Spektor's "Real Love" outstrips the modest original - blasphemous as that is to say - by introducing rich undercurrents. Her nearly classical piano arrangement adds a run of fearsome, dark chords around the "No need to be afraid" section, so that when she breaks into the chorus' tender promise, it's a fantastic sunburst. I've never been a huge Spektor booster before, but for these three minutes and 56 seconds, she's my new American Idol."

- Chris Willman (Entertainment Weekly)

Of the 23 tracks on the CD, "Real Love" was the one song given the honor of being the "Download This" song.

So yay!! It really is an amazing song. GREAT job, Regina! I hope this is news to some of you.