Sign in to follow this  
breathableagain

Regina's Adorable Mess Ups...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FK7ytyugE6w

Here's a video where she continually messes up on 'That Time'. God, stuff like this makes me love her even more. I love how she just embraces her humanness. She's always like, "Fuck, I ALWAYS mess up at least ONE song during a show..." Even though she IS a musical genius, she is not afraid to admit when she doesn't know something...which I feel is the KEY to learning and growing. I look up to her so much for this! If only I could learn to not feel like I always have to KNOW everything...It's gotta be such a relief to know that you don't have to know everything in the world and that it's OKAY to admit when you don't know something...In fact, better, than if you just stand there nodding your head PRETENDING like you know what someone's talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FK7ytyugE6w

Here's a video where she continually messes up on 'That Time'. God, stuff like this makes me love her even more. I love how she just embraces her humanness. She's always like, "Fuck, I ALWAYS mess up at least ONE song during a show..." Even though she IS a musical genius, she is not afraid to admit when she doesn't know something...which I feel is the KEY to learning and growing. I look up to her so much for this! If only I could learn to not feel like I always have to KNOW everything...It's gotta be such a relief to know that you don't have to know everything in the world and that it's OKAY to admit when you don't know something...In fact, better, than if you just stand there nodding your head PRETENDING like you know what someone's talking about...

^ Oh ya!

I look up to her so much as a musician, it's not even funny. But her and I are polar opposites when it comes to making mistakes onstage though...maybe it's because I'm just starting out (I've only played 2 shows)...but my tendency is to just pretend I didn't mess up...I never bring attention to it.

I love the fact that she HALTS the whole thing, points it out and says something funny and charming and says, "I'm so sorry guys" in that CUTE little voice she has.

I don't think I could pull that off. I think I resemble a frightened kitten onstage! hahah!

the girl has confidence to spare - that could be because she is just confident, but it could also be because she's done HUNDREDS (maybe more?) of performances....

I hope to be where she is someday. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

^ Oh ya!

I look up to her so much as a musician, it's not even funny. But her and I are polar opposites when it comes to making mistakes onstage though...maybe it's because I'm just starting out (I've only played 2 shows)...but my tendency is to just pretend I didn't mess up...I never bring attention to it.

I love the fact that she HALTS the whole thing, points it out and says something funny and charming and says, "I'm so sorry guys" in that CUTE little voice she has.

I don't think I could pull that off. I think I resemble a frightened kitten onstage! hahah!

the girl has confidence to spare - that could be because she is just confident, but it could also be because she's done HUNDREDS (maybe more?) of performances....

Melissa-

Aren't you doing mostly your own material? My guess is that since you're just starting out, people don't know your material. Therefore, any mistake is transparent???

Maybe in a year or so when you gather a following you'll make cute little audience comments?

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

^ Oh ya!

I agree with andreseng all the way. People have no way of knowing if you messed up or not! Haha, it's like, yeah...I was SUPPOSED to pause and stare at my piano for a minute and mumble underneath my breath...totally planned...haha. Yeah, but I mean, the thing I have to remember and for all of us to remember is that people really do like you even MORE for your humanness as opposed to acting as if you always have everything 'all together'. People that come across with that sort of arrogance aren't appealing AT ALL! the thing too is just to think that everyone is rooting for you... (i'm an actress) so it's like...everytime something doesn't go as 'planned', which, uh, is all the fuckin' time!, it's much better to embrace it and go with it....easier said than done, but it shall be done...

quote:
Oh, yeah, and I can change the W to a V. Ravin.

ooh, i just got a bright idea, i should totally name my next kid after Regina. For a girl what do you guys think of Mary Ann? *snicker snicker*

Next? You already have one? What's the name?

If it's a boy, it could be Daniel Cowman Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by Rawin:

Hey Breathable_Again, I'm an actress too, well, and actor actually. So how do you recover from your mouth drying up? Because for a comedy, I'm sure it will be fine, but how can you play it off during a dramatic monologue LOL? I did an audition once when I was totally prepared, I had rocked my monologue in my room, but when it came time to actually do it, my mouth got all dry and my S's sounded like TH's lol. Halfway through, I began to sound like someone was holding my tongue while I was talking, and then because of that I'd start giggling, and they were taping too, which made me laugh even more. Good times, good times.

Haha, actually, I'm into Film Acting as opposed to Theatre...They are two completely separate worlds! Yet, there are many similarities. It doesn't matter--dramatic or comedic--about the LINES. The lines are subtext to what is actually happening. It's all about the portrayal of the FEELINGS and all about the STORY. So, as long as you have the story, you have NOTHING to worry about. Let's say the line was, "What do you want?"...It's perfectly okay, at least in Film, for you to have room to say, "What is it that you want from me?"....Same message being portrayed. Of course, when you are working on a major Film or have a major Film auditon and what-not you want to AIM to have the lines correct...but...it's better for you to get the correct message across than to freak out and say, "line?" or something 'theatre-ish' like that, and stop. That's just what I've been taught in my Film Acting classes at least.

Also, about your mouth drying up...are you saying this out of nervousness? Because from what I've read, it sounds to me like English isn't your first language? (Which...I'm totally jealous of Frowner ) But, that might have something to do with it? If you're performing in something other than your native-language, it seems like OF COURSE you would freeze up to where your S's sound like TH's...lol.