Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

Sometimes with reg's music it takes a couple of listens before you get it. I know most of you probably have experienced this.

Name a reg song that you disliked at first that you grew to love. Mine would have to be Consequence of Sounds. Took about 4 or 5 listens until I got it. Cool

i had several. whats unique with regina is that she doesnt really have one type of genre she sticks to.. and her jazzy classical music side appealed to me when i first found her, so it was different for me to go from that to some of her other stuff that is COMPLETELY different.

I warmed up to that quality about her pretty quickly though, and now her diversity is one of the things i cherish most about her style, and what i feel is lacking in other artists. they just dont seem on the same level as her because of that now. i credit regina for making me realize how much more you can get out of music if youre open minded about it.

i didnt pay much attention to these at first, but now they are some of my favorites.great topic andreseng.

heres my list

your honor

pavlov's daughter

uh merica

aquarius

loveology

scarecrow & fungus

aching to pupate

aaah, GREAT TOPIC andreseng...

you should seriously run this website

or

personally work for regina, or something...

have you met her yet?

i honestly have to say that i've always been open-minded to her music...but...there were indeed those songs that i would 'skip over' and just sorta go onto whatever else i was addicted to at the moment...ones that i never really have that connection with...

DANIEL COWMAN is one of them...

I DON'T KNOW WHY NOW...

because i am absolutely in love with this song

i've probably heard it hundreds of times, it's so beautiful!

i felt that way about consequence of sounds too...but then, of course, it is now one of my favorite songs...

there's a video of her messing up on that one too..oh my god..it's so cuuute..the audience helps her get through it cause she can't remember the sequence 'did you know that the grave digger..' it's soooo ADORABLE..i love herrr

quote:
Originally posted by breathable_again:

have you met her yet?

Met is a relative term. I have met her after a few of her shows. But there are always so many people that it is far from anything quality. Just a quick hi, love your music etc. Just seeing her so close up is a thrill for me. The first time I saw her after a show I completely froze which is very out of character for me. I couldn't speak.

My dream is to one day sit down with her, gimme 10 mins or so and just bullshit about anything. Not her music. Nothing too personal. Just life. You know like sitting down with a friend and shooting the breeze.

The last show I went to at SUNY - Purchase I handed her a bunch of red carnations when she came out for her encore. She looked me dead in the eye and said, "thank you sooooooooooooo much." I melted. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

gimme 10 mins or so and just bullshit about anything.

haha! i love that. yes, me too. just talking about a bunch of random things...i love her randomness...much more interesting than, "so, who are you wearing? what shoes are those?.." blah blah..we want to talk about LIFE...

quote:

The last show I went to at SUNY - Purchase I handed her a bunch of red carnations when she came out for her encore. She looked me dead in the eye and said, "thank you sooooooooooooo much." I melted. Cool

just curious....are you married or have a significant other? 'cause i'm very curious as to know what they think about this whole regina obsession of yours...

quote:

just curious to know what she thinks about this whole regina obsession of yours...

Who's obsessed? Not me! Razzer

Yes, she knows. Does she understand it? No, she's not near the fan I am. Does it bother her? Not in the least!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:

just curious to know what she thinks about this whole regina obsession of yours...

Who's obsessed? Not me! Razzer

Yes, she knows. Does she understand it? No, she's not near the fan I am. Does it bother her? Not in the least!

haha yaaaaay; just the answer I was hoping for. Smiler