Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

I’ve always liked the song That Time, but when I first listened to it (before I really knew anything about Regina) it caused me to think she was some party animal musician type with all the drugs and constant smoking. So, my opinion of her as a person was a tad low until I did some research. Now it’s sorta laughable that I thought sweet little Regina who has such a good family was some strung out crazy person. Cheers to the convincing realisticness of her songs!

The first time I listened to Daniel Cowman, i didn't like the "iiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't exist, iiiiiiii don't exist" where she's moaning/croaking the lyrics. Now, I can't imagine why. It's so brilliant and sets a tone and....GAH!

I actually still have trouble listening to Edit in its entirety.

The first time I heard Dust to Dust, I didn't like it either. [don't kill me] Just like Daniel Cowman, though. It took some getting used to, but damn. The song she sings.. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

Wow, see I love the Beatles/Wings reference.

You don't have no Doctor Robert

You don't have no Uncle Albert

quote:
Originally posted by poiu:

i really didn't like hotel song.. until i heard it live with only son beatboxing-- everything just clicked, now it's awesome Smiler

I think Hotel Song song is unusual (and kind of unique) because the version on the CD is not really all that interesting, but somehow during the tour with the band, the song really blossomed and became ten times more endearing. Then in the most recent leg of the tour, with Only Son, it went to another level of fun and "catchiness."

But if you go back and listen to the album track, it doesn't really have that sense of impishness and energy and humor and joyousness that the song has developed over the past year in live performance.

I never used to listen Someday (SK version) and then I downloaded the Bowery Ballroom show and feel in love with it.

Right now is one of my favorite songs

At first I also didn't like

Scarecrow & Fungus

Ne me quitte pas

Love you're a whore

quote:
Originally posted by ain't no cover:

I never used to listen Someday (SK version) and then I downloaded the Bowery Ballroom show and feel in love with it.

Right now is one of my favorite songs

Any version of this one rocks my world. My all-time #1 reg song....forever and always.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

Wow, see I love the Beatles/Wings reference.

You don't have no Doctor Robert

You don't have no Uncle Albert

Nice to see a shout out for 2 of my all time favorite albums: Revolver and Ram. Revolver is probably the greatest album of all time.