Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

i would have to say consequence of sounds was the first one that i didn't really like; now i love it

the first one i heard was ghost of corporate future, and i was like hmmmm, i don't know what to make of this, so i listened to more and fell in love

the only other ones would be edit or poor little rich boy, both of which have grown on me!

oh!

and i've had trouble finding songs to introduce to people who haven't heard of regina spektor

i love hotel song but people don't get it, so now i stick to fidelity at first and ease people into it hahaha

her songs are so absolutely different its hard to find something that everyone will like

hmm don't think ive posted here before! i didnt listen to your honour for ages cos (i think i read this happened to someone elde too..) i was listening on my mp3 and when it came on it was really loud and it scared me a bit...it took me ages to even hear the piano part cos i would just skip it after that, then one day i listened and i was like OMFG why have i been skipping it?!?

And I didnt really like Edit either, in fact i still dont listen to it all the way through if it comes on...i do like it, i just think its a bit too repetitive.

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

hmm don't think ive posted here before! i didnt listen to your honour for ages cos (i think i read this happened to someone elde too..) i was listening on my mp3 and when it came on it was really loud and it scared me a bit...it took me ages to even hear the piano part cos i would just skip it after that, then one day i listened and i was like OMFG why have i been skipping it?!?

And I didnt really like Edit either, in fact i still dont listen to it all the way through if it comes on...i do like it, i just think its a bit too repetitive.

ha, I used to hate your honour as well, then I watched a live performance of it and now I lobe it.

still don't like edit at all though.

I use to really dislike your honor. And like Poets said, I would usually skip it after a few seconds. Then one day I specifically picked it out and realised I had no idea how fun it is to sing. No matter how bad you sound it feels awesome!!!

so yeh I really like it now Roll Eyes

Wow, had no idea so many people didn't like 20 years of snow at first, it's one of all time favs.

Songs I didn't like at first:

The Soup

Genius Next Door

Daniel Cowman

Silly Eye Color Generalizations

The Wallet

Bon Idee

A Cooler Version

The Wallet and Silly Eye Color I absolutely adore now. The others I'm still eh; I think The Soup is my least favorite and Daniel Cowman scares me a little. Red Face

My shameful admission is that there isn't a Regina song that I don't love, however, I've never been fond of any of the studio versions of "Better", and I still skip past that song unless it's one of the earlier (non-clapping outro) versions.

I love the song though, and honest to Regi, it scares me how much I like her music / voice/ lyrics.

I'm not, nor have I ever been, a fan of anything (bands, teams, movies, etc) like I am of this collection of music that just clicks into this spot on my heart like a little red piece of Lego that went missing many years ago.