Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

I fell in love with Begin to Hope fairly quickly, but when I first tried Songs and Soviet Kitsch, I wasn't accustomed enough to her style to appreciate the quirky ones like "Daniel Cowman" and "Chemo Limo," many of which sounded to me like they were wandering all over the place uncontrolled.

After a while, though, the songs started to sound like melodies instead of series of notes. Now I'm addicted to all three albums, as well as 11:11, which I got last and loved instantly.

quote:
Somedays? THE Somedays? Somedays the last song in SK? Really?

I knew you would all hate me for that. It's because I wouldn't even listen to it at first. I love it now though, especially when she sings the really high notes.

Bon Idee was definitely an aquired taste. I guess I was so used to having heard the more dramatuc romantics of the piano. It as the first song I heard so much of her voice, which actually made me appreciate her lyrics alot more. Her in her piano make an excellent duet.

OMG I love all of her songs to death except for Machine and Field Below. Regina is so amazing! Her music is like crack to me. lol