Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

I didn't like machine but now I really like it!

I don't understand not liking Machine... Its so... BAAH! You know? Haha...

why, yes, i do know! that one's been my fave ever since the 30 second amazon clips came out! Eeker

really?! there are people who dislike this song?

i guess for me, the songs that took forever to make any sense to me were pavlov's daughter, loveology (still waiting to fall head-over-heels for that one), 2.99 cent blues... ok, anything from 11:11, and half of songs... i loved the little story songs, and the ones that were clearly about something. or that were just really grabbing. but nothing weird, and nothing that didn't make me go, "wow!!! how'd she do that?!"

now there aren't any songs i dislike from regina, mostly a lot of them are still waiting their turn for me to realize the depth of their greatness and never be removed from repeat...

You know, a lot of her songs took a while to reach that "WOAH!" point for me... "The Sword and the Pen" took a few listens, "Lounge" and "Lulliby" took months, "Chemo Limo" (which I now adore) was a least favorite forever before I finally 'got it' on a different level than I expected to.

And as for Loveology, don't force it. You'll come to love it in time; I promise.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

really?! there are people who dislike this song?

Yes, really. Roll Eyes I thought I was going to like the song when I heard the 30-second sample, but it turns out the sample is the best part of the song, in my opinion. The main thing I don't like is the melody, which seems flat to me. I also don't like the lyrics very much...and one thing that gets to me every time is the way she sings "blessings." BUT. The more I listen to her singing it live, the more I appreciate it.

no way! really?! i love every sylable of this song! i think it's flawless! the whole vibe... regina really went all out for this one, and it blows my mind. it's not just listenable (okay, downright catchy), it's deep, well-thought out, progressive, intense, and ... REGINA haha

i especially love it since i spend a lot of time thinking about this kind of stuff.... i think this is the most brilliant piece regina's written about the subject (possibly since it's so focused on just the future and all that)...

anyway, not tryin to make you love the song haha i just can't believe the entire world hasn't fallen in love with it the way i have.

oh, well.... maybe someday. *shrug, then conspirital wink*...

...MACHINE WILL RULE THE WWOORRLLDD!!!!! MUahahahaha!!!! *thunder crashes*

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

anyway, not tryin to make you love the song haha i just can't believe the entire world hasn't fallen in love with it the way i have.

oh, well.... maybe someday. *shrug, then conspirital wink*...

Well, believe it. Wink

And yes, maybe someday.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

Machine is in the process of growing on me. Smiler I still don't think it's spectacular, but I like the chorus.

I think its a lot better live.....