Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

I admit, to this day, I still don't like the majority of 11:11. I haven't tried listening in a while, but I think the only song I like is Braille. I like jazz here and there, but these songs don't mesh well with me. Too jazzy for my tastes, but then again I'm picky.

quote:
Originally posted by davidh:

Your Honor - I know it's something of a controversial one among Regina fans

Is it? Is that just because it's a [mostly] rock song? Every person I've ever run into who likes Regina also loves Your Honour. idk

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

quote:

Your Honor - I know it's something of a controversial one among Regina fans

Is it? Is that just because it's a [mostly] rock song? Every person I've ever run into who likes Regina also loves Your Honour. idk

I'm not sure - maybe it WAS just me Wink Either way, it makes sense to me now.

quote:

Over the weekend, I finally didn't skip past it when listening to it in the car, cranked up, and it sounded GREAT. So there you go - it's a driving song!

The first song I put on when driving by myself for the first time the day I got my driving license Smiler !!!

I used to REALLY dislike Back of a Truck... it used to creep me out :o I recently went on a 3 week trip to Europe. On the plane ride, I was listening to Back of a Truck while I was half asleep, and I could hear the music, but it was like the story was my dream... Ever since, I've been listening to it nonstop, especially because it reminds me of Europe Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

I once disliked Machine.....WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH ME???!!!

So funny. I remember when I was first collecting Regina songs back in 2006. (The year I first discovered her.)(Later than I wished it was) I listened to 'Pavlov's Daughter' and said nope, not that one, too weird. Now I can listen to that song over and over and always find new ways to love it. I think it's kind of normal for songs to grow on you, but I find it so interesting how many than normal are there stories about how a Regina song goes from hate to obsession with people. To me the only thing that explains that phenomenon is that she really found something new to bring to this world. What she's done is music of course, but something about it is absolutely brand new. And brand new anything makes people go through all those steps. From 'we don't need it', or 'what the hell is it' to 'we have to have it' and 'how did we live without it'. That's Regina. She's like a Wright Brother of music Smiler And you can quote me on that. Smiler

And tell me if this is my paranoia, but, I don't like it when she tours. I just don't like it. It scares the hell out of me. Of course it's great to see her in person performing, if you're lucky. But I always worry, thinking about how she's too precious to this world to expose herself to the elements. And that she should just record and talk to us on the internet. I know that is selfish and stupid and overboard, but I do think those things sometimes. She's a human being and deserves to enjoy the world, but I just never ever ever ever want to lose her. She means the world to me. Crazy talk, I know. But I love her so so much.

quote:
Originally posted by heroin boy:

2.99C Blues (honestly, it's still not one of my favorites)

Your Honor (I like it now, but the vibe is so different of most of her songs, I find it weird at first)

Hmmm... I don't remember any other.

Am I the only one on here who actually liked 2.99c blues when I first heard it? Lol

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

quote:
Originally posted by heroin boy:

2.99C Blues (honestly, it's still not one of my favorites)

Your Honor (I like it now, but the vibe is so different of most of her songs, I find it weird at first)

Hmmm... I don't remember any other.

Am I the only one on here who actually liked 2.99c blues when I first heard it? Lol

I believe I liked it when I first heard it! If not, it grew on me incredibly fast.