Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

Agreed that Regina's songs are very layered and not always 'accessible', although I have gotten to like all her songs.. Field Below has taken me awhile, as has Pavlov's Daughter (which has became one of my favorites).... I wasn't sure about Sailor Song, but that is such a fun audience favorite I now love it..

I'm still not a big fan of Field Below, though it's grown on me a little.

At first I really didn't like field below. I'd always skip it while listening to that album. Something about it just made me feel weird and kind of uncomfortable. It would give off a negative vibe to me which sounds kind of crazy. I guess I've grown to appreciate it though because I don't skip it anymore.

I never used to love Field Below either, but I really fell for it hard when I discovered how soothing it is to go to sleep to. A lot of music doesn't mesh well with me when I try to go to sleep, but Field Below was perfect!

A lot of music doesn't mesh well with me when I try to go to sleep, but Field Below was perfect!

Interesting... I always thought Another Town would be really good for falling asleep, at least the "I love you" parts. So soothing...

Interesting... I always thought Another Town would be really good for falling asleep, at least the "I love you" parts. So soothing...

It is! That's another song I've recently discovered is great for falling asleep! Although the piano can be a little jarring.

That is really interesting! I can only ever fall asleep to classical music. Regina's songs make me think too much and my brain won't shut off. Braille seems like it would be nice to fall asleep to...might give you weird dreams though :)

I made the mistake of falling asleep to Regina's What We Saw album, with out fully listening to the whole thing, twice. The first time, I woke up panicking because the song Open was playing and I heard Regina gasping and I thought someone was having a seizure or something. The second time it happened, the song Firewood was playing and I had a dream I was in my high school theatre and their was a boy on-stage doing some interpretive act of him getting older and older and then dying at the end of the song. I recall thinking "oh wow, this sounds like Regina Spektor," when I was still dreaming.