Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

i didnt like field beliow or 20 years of snow. at first it took a LONG time to come around too. field below always reminds me of that movie fivel goes west haha.. i dont know why .i remember watching it as a kid but dont remember any plot. i guess he just goes west haha.

i have random memories that jump out at me like that.. yesterday i was making a butterfinger blizzard and was like.. i need to see that new simpsons movie. my mind just jumped to the simpsons. i think because didnt bart simpson used to be on the butterfinger commercials?

Hmm... songs that took me a while to like were Odeipus, Buildings (believe it or not. I think I was in a bad mood and it's a long song Razzer), reading time w/ Pickle, and Aching to Pupate. But now, I've grown to appreciate every bit of weirdness she throws at us, haha!

But yeah... I can't believe you guys didn't like 20 yrs of snow. That piano is one of the most genius Spektor tunes EVER. I love the sound of a broken music box Smiler

Thus far 51 songs have been mentioned. Wow. I never expected to see almost 40% of reg's catalog mentioned at least once. Just goes to show our varied tastes.

One common theme though, with just a couple of exceptions, is that almost everyone likes/loves the song(s) they disliked AT FIRST.

Mentioned 5 times:

20 Years Of Snow

Daniel Cowman

Mentioned 4 times:

Field Below

Oedipus

Mentioned 3 times:

Aching To Pupate

Consequence Of Sound

I Want To Sing

Loveology

Pavlov's Daughter

Sailor Song

Scarecrow & Fungus

Summer In The City

Mentioned 2 times:

Aquarius

Chemo Limo

Lacrimosa

Ode To Divorce

Mentioned once:

A Cannon

A Cooler Version Of Yourself

Ave Maria

Baby Jesus

Back Of A Truck

Better

Bon Idee

Buildings

Carbon Monoxide

Chelsea Hotel #2

Dog & Pony

Dusseldorf

Edit

Fidelity

Genius Next Door

Hotel Song

I Cut Off My Hair

Lady

Lounge

Love, You're A Whore

Lulliby

Marry Ann

Ne Me Quitte Pas

No One

Prisoners

Reading Time With A Pickle

ReJazz

Rockland County

Secret Stash/No One

Soho

Somedays

The Soup

Uh-merica

Uncle Bobby

Your Honor

actually, i found the regina index right after i got BTH and i think it was a little too much to handle for my unseasoned ears. and i dowloaded TONS of songs, and ended up deleteing half of them, mustard musketeers, and reading time with pickle being two that got stuck in my brain SO BAD, that i decided to go back and download every song i could find of regina's and try to love them all. so.... now i love them all, even Paris and Love your a whore, which i dumbly thumbed my nose at on the stixs. i find that regina songs grow on you, and you can't really live without them. we have our favourites but, we love them all...i admit it.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

actually, i found the regina index right after i got BTH and i think it was a little too much to handle for my unseasoned ears. and i dowloaded TONS of songs, and ended up deleteing half of them, mustard musketeers, and reading time with pickle being two that got stuck in my brain SO BAD, that i decided to go back and download every song i could find of regina's and try to love them all. so.... now i love them all, even Paris and Love your a whore, which i dumbly thumbed my nose at on the stixs. i find that regina songs grow on you, and you can't really live without them. we have our favourites but, we love them all...i admit it.

You are a high percentage of the "Mentioned once:" category ~ Razzer

I forgot to mention..Edit is the song I least listen to. Haha, I have heard it a lot, but I just never really looved it like I do everything else I have heard by Reg. =(

(aand A Cooler Version Of My Dad, I like your name haha..and we are from the same state!)

quote:
Originally posted by busology82:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

when i only had 20 years of snow as a demo, i hated it... but now it love it so. it took BTH to introduce me to the song..

some others include:

ne me quitte pas... i never really used to listen to... and several others

i went through phases... i still do. i adore all of her works... but sometimes i dont want to listen to things.

im at a loss.. i know ive hated a lot more.. ill get back to this. =]

Are the BTH version and the demo version different? I think they are and if so I like the demo one better...

They are different. The demo is just piano, and the BTH version has, like, production and stuff, like a little beat when she says "I got to get me out of here, this place is full of dirty old men", etc.