Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

Mine was Prisoners.

It is rather dark, which I am learning is a recurring thread in Regina's music- but mind you I only found her a week ago Eeker I know..I know! I live in a cave and I only come out in daylight once a year!!

Anyway back to the point...I first listened to Prisoners at night, alone in my house...and it gave me shivers. I avoided the song for days..(yes I am an adult, and I am not normally frightened by music...just stay with me k?)

So, as I was saying -- I have had it stuck in my head for two days...now it's 3 am and here I am ..ONLY because I had to listen to this song in hopes it gets OUT of my head!

Not working. Eh well- I have alot to catch up on here^^ so it's not time wasted. I'll go back to my cave now Big Grin

Can I add my list?? jejeje...sorry (Mucho tiempo que no entraba al foro! Razzer)

My list that I heard first and I didn't like:

- Lounge ("pruprupru...", pero con estilo!)

- Sailor Song ("Mary Ann's a bitch")

- Scarecrow and Fungus

These are that I can remember!

Nak.

Daniel Cowman, now one of my favourite songs, I thought was a little odd at first listen.

And I sometimes find it hard to listen to Bon Idee... But different songs are made for different moods so I guess I just love them all at one point or another

Aaah, I remember that fateful day when I first listened to "Songs" right here on this website!!! It was fantastic!! So odd, because I loved every single song, including Bon Idee... Confused I was drawn in from the whole "love love love love" part at the beginning. Big Grin

I'm still not too fond of Sailor Song, but nowadays I don't skip it if it comes on. And the first time I heard Field Below I didn't like it.. I think I wanted something fast and noisy the first time I listened, so it kinda failed. :P I can't understand it, because on the second listen it became one of my favourite all-time songs.

Reading the list, I feel a bit weird. 20 Years of Snow is what convinced me instantly that buying Soviet Kitsch and Begin To Hope when I'd only heard a few songs wasn't a mistake. Oedipus, Buildings and Somedays are what made me want to buy them in the first place (aside from Us and Ghost of Corporate Future, which I think everybody loves)

i can't believe Daniel Cowman and Oedipus have gotten so many mentions. they were among my favorite Regina songs the first time i heard them. the lyrics and imagery in DC are amazing and Oedipus made me laugh right away. i love when Regina does quirky character studies/profiles.

the only song that initially turned my off was the studio track of Better. i always liked the live, acoustic version, but the BTH track sounded too formulaic to me. i know that Regina was trying to just make a normal, upbeat pop song with Better and that is why it was produced the way it was, but that is still the one song on BTG that, IMO, got a little too much production and didn't have that Regina brand sound.

i have since come around and don't mind it, but it's still the only Regina song that i don't absolutely LLLLOOOOOVVVVEE.