Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

reg song you disliked,AT FIRST

It's not really an entire song, but you know in Lucky Penny where she sings about what is in her pockets when she makes it home (cigarettes and stones). The line "some are just pebbles that might grow up to be stones." Always just kills me for some reason.

Pebbles are smaller than stones yes, but they just won't get bigger. As rocks "grow up" they get smaller. I don't know why, but of all things, that line makes me die inside.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

It's not really an entire song, but you know in Lucky Penny where she sings about what is in her pockets when she makes it home (cigarettes and stones). The line "some are just pebbles that might grow up to be stones." Always just kills me for some reason.

Pebbles are smaller than stones yes, but they just won't get bigger. As rocks "grow up" they get smaller. I don't know why, but of all things, that line makes me die inside.

It's not like she was serious. Since when is everything that Regina says meant to be taken literally? Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Just curious. Do you have the same problem with The Flowers?

I'm taking the knife to the books that I own and chopping and chopping and boiling soup from stone.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Just curious. Do you have the same problem with The Flowers?

I'm taking the knife to the books that I own and chopping and chopping and boiling soup from stone.

No, The Flowers never bothers me. I like to imagine boiling soup from stone. I bet it's tasty, mmmm.

Vague drug/alcohol/Beatles references. Dr. Robert was a song they wrote about getting drugs from a doctor who supplied them to celebrities. Uncle Albert was an uncle of Paul McCartney's who would quote the Bible whenever he was drunk.

The lyric in Pavlov's Daughter is "ticker tape parade". A ticker tape parade is a celebration held in a urban areas where a lot of offices are. You've seen it in movies. When a whole city celebrates and dumps confetti and shredded paper out the windows. So...the irony of a ticker tape parade being held in a rainforest.