Sign in to follow this  
Ronni

facebook anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by Rawin:

I was laying in bed earlier, unable to sleep because I was thinking how great it would be the next time I saw Regina live, and how fun it is to go to concerts with friends.

Then I thought about how my friends wouldn't want to show up hours and hours and hours ahead of time to get ahead in line to get up front and center stage.

So I thought: well screw them, they be in the back, far away, and we can just meet up somewhere after the concert... I'm GOING UP FRONT.

I'm a horrible friend. So still unable to sleep, I sign on here at 6 am, and post about it. Can I join Reginka's Anonymous?

ha ha that is so me. I waited 6hrs in brisbane to be first in line and then 10 hrs for her second show in Sydney to be first again.

Next time she comes out here I'll do the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Rawin:

quote:
Originally posted by k8e:

do you know when you're seeing her next?

No lol! I was just thinking about it. I guess I'm always thinking about it. That's sad, isn't it? But yeah, I was SO HOPING to go to Lollapalooza but my friend in Chicago is moving back down this week, so we're taking a road trip up the east coast instead

no it's not sad, i understand. Smiler

i want to go to lollapalooza very badly, and i'm in the process of convincing SOMEONE to go with me. i don't care who! i'm keeping my fingers crossed....it would be my first regina show!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

k8e- Go for it. Do whatever it takes. You must see this show!

I agree, do whatever you gotta do...

I couldn't find anyone to go with me to the Chicago show in May, NONE of my friends like Regina (maybe I need new friends??? haha), so I went by myself. I know that sounds kinda sad/pathetic or whatever but seeing Regina was worth it. But Lollapalooza probably wouldn't be much fun alone 3 days...unless you are planning on getting a single day ticket

so, to get to the point...see Regina whenever you can!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Catcher in the Rye:

so I went by myself. I know that sounds kinda sad/pathetic or whatever but seeing Regina was worth it.

So you're saying I'm sad/pathetic huh? Wink

I've done this a few times. But I've always ended up yapping with the people around me. One time it was fellow stixer holdonyourhonour and neither one of us realized it until we were back here discussing things.

At Purchase I was walking around the lobby, by myself, waiting to be allowed in with an armful of red carnations. You should have seen the looks I was getting. It was like walking the gauntlet. But the show made every bit of that worth it. When I gave reg the carnations, as she came out for the encore, that my friends was PRICELESS.

Don't ever let the lack of a companion be the reason for not going to a reg show as Catcher said!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

So you're saying I'm sad/pathetic huh? Wink

At Purchase I was walking around the lobby, by myself, waiting to be allowed in with an armful of red carnations. You should have seen the looks I was getting. It was like walking the gauntlet. But the show made every bit of that worth it. When I gave reg the carnations, as she came out for the encore, that my friends was PRICELESS.

said!

oh I never saw myself (or you) as sad/pathetic. That was more of the vibe I would get when I would tell people I was going to see her in Chicago. They would respond with things like, "You're going to see who??? All the way in Chicago??? By yourself??? Who are you going to see again??? Who??? Interesting..."

I bet that was such an amazing moment when you gave Regina the carnations

When the show starts Regina is your companion!

i don't understand how there can be this lack of interest in regina shows. if someone asked me to go to a concert and i didn't particularly like the artist, i would still go in most cases, especially if it meant so much to my friend. for example, i've sat through o-town and rascal flatts concerts, both artists i wasn't particularly interested in, but it's a good time to go to any concert i think. but anyway, i'm gonna work on my sister because she likes regina.

But you're talking lollapalooza as opposed to a reg show, right? Do you already have tickets?

Where are the o-town and rascal flatts folks? Why aren't they stepping up?

and bottom line......YOU ARE GOING!!!!! Smiler

I wish I had friends that would go concerts with me just to be a good friend a lot of my friends don't like change really or more so don't accept things that are different easily (mildly close-minded...but they really are good people, just stubborn).

I'm working on being able to go to Lollapalooza, my friend that goes to Northwestern is going says I can stay with him so that would be nice.

i wish i could go to lollapalooza! i waited a little bit too long to make plans of going.

i know how you feel about friends and concerts. none of my IRL friends share my musical taste and are very much anti-regina. for this reason, last year when i went to see regina, i had to go alone. definitely not complaining, though, i still had fun.

are you an illinoisan fan as well? i'm about six hours south of chicago...