Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Heat!?

Is anyone else struggeling to live through the European heat wave??

I'm in Cyprus and it's about 35c in my room alone!

I'm never one to complain about the heat (I'm English, anything other than rain is a blessing)but my god it's getting hot.

Is anyone else struggeling to live through the European heat wave??

I'm in Cyprus and it's about 35c in my room alone!

I'm never one to complain about the heat (I'm English, anything other than rain is a blessing)but my god it's getting hot.

Well, I'm not quite European but we have our own brand of muggy heat to deal with here in the South. Its actually pretty liveable right now, but that might just be the thick heat-resistant skin I grew at Bonnaroo....

Funny you should say that. I just got this:

quote:
by weather.com:

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE HIGHLY URBANIZED AREAS OF THE DELAWARE VALLEY.

HIGH TEMPERATURES TODAY WILL CLIMB INTO THE LOWER AND MID 90S OVER THE HIGHLY URBANIZED AREAS IN AND NEAR PHILADELPHIA. THE HEAT...COMBINED WITH AFTERNOON DEW POINTS AROUND 70...WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDICES AROUND OR A BIT ABOVE 100 DEGREES.

A HEAT WARNING FOR THE HIGHLY URBANIZED AREAS MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS OCCURRING IN THE PHILADELPHIA METROPOLITAN AREA. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED OR WELL VENTILATED PLACE...STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

It's not the temperature though. It's the humidity that's stifiling right now.

quote:
Originally posted by breathable_again:

yeah...

i live in texas...

and the part that i live in is horribly humid ALL the time...

during the summer, it's always in the 90's...

the other week my car said it was 104...

it's insaaaaaaaaaane.

good thing i'm cold natured Smiler

I HEAR that, Breathable!! We Texans have it bad. Smiler

Humidity, alright. It's stuffy as a mother up here in Phili, lol. You can't take four steps without taking a sip of water. I can see the water vapor like a heavy kind of haze all over the place.

35C sounds like what i'm use to. here, in sydney australia, we are having heavy rain for the first time in years, there calling it drought breaking so you can't complain, but it's so cold, and wet, very very wet, lots of flooding and people getting killed, so that's not good, that's the problem with this country, "it never rains, it pours"

Water is all I consume in heat like this.

Speaking of water, how many ice cubes u think it would take to have an ice bath? lol We have a pool but it's warmed up in the muid day sun.

Plus I read that ice bathing was once a treatment for the mentally challenged, this could be the answer to all my problems lol.

I heard it was really hot down south (it often is, but now it's a bit excessive)... Here up north it just ain't June like June is supposed to be. Every day has raindrops and it ain't so hot either, it's chilly without a coat. I think the heatwave passed us in April/May, those months were hot. Now it's all clouds and rain.