Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Heat!?

yea.. i was in france and it wasnt bad at all... paris was a little muggy at night but damn, i went to brittany and normandy (saw st. malo, and mont st. michel...amazing) and it was fah-fah-fah-freeeeezing. the wind whipped trough those monuments like there was no tommoro. too cold i say. but here in ohio its the same as when i left.. very average.

It's back....again.... and we had no a/c at work today and naturally the windows don't open....yuck

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT TUESDAY.

THE COMBINATION OF TEMPERATURES AND HUMIDITIES ON MONDAY AFTERNOON RESULTED IN HEAT INDICES NEAR THE 100 DEGREE MARK IN THE HOTTEST PLACES. TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL DROP ONLY INTO THE LOW TO MID 70S, AND MAY NOT DROP BELOW THE UPPER 70S IN THE INTERIOR SECTIONS OF HIGHLY URBANIZED AREAS SUCH AS CENTER CITY PHILADELPHIA. HIGHS ON TUESDAY WILL SOAR INTO THE MID 90S...AND COMBINED WITH DEW POINT TEMPERATURES IN THE MID TO UPPER 60S...HEAT INDEX VALUES WILL ONCE AGAIN APPROACH THE 100 DEGREE MARK. WHILE A FEW SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND EARLY TUESDAY EVENING...THEY WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO OVERALL COOLING EXCEPT IN THE LOCALIZED AREAS WHERE THEY HAPPEN TO OCCUR. THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS THEREFORE STILL IN EFFECT UNTIL 6PM TUESDAY.

THE HEAT IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ON WEDNESDAY...BUT CLOUDINESS AND A GREATER THREAT OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS MAY PROVIDE JUST ENOUGH COOLING TO KEEP HIGH TEMPERATURES BELOW EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING CRITERIA. STAY TUNED FOR LATER UPDATES.

WIDESPREAD RELIEF FROM THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY AS A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH. COOLER TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED BEHIND THIS FRONT BEGINNING THURSDAY...CONTINUING INTO THE UPCOMING WEEKEND.

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING FOR THE HIGHLY URBANIZED AREAS OF THE DELAWARE VALLEY MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF DANGEROUSLY HOT TEMPERATURES WILL OCCUR... ESPECIALLY IN CITY ENVIRONS. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE LIKELY. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS... STAY IN AN AIR- CONDITIONED ROOM... STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PETS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. AT A MINIMUM... THEY NEED A SHADED AND WELL-VENTILATED AREA AND ACCESS TO PLENTY OF COOL WATER. REGARDING PETS... THE MOST HUMANE THING TO DO IS TO BRING THEM INDOORS.

FINALLY... NEVER LEAVE ANY PERSON OR ANIMAL UNATTENDED IN A VEHICLE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

I saw it on the news today. I hope nobody dies.

It's so weird, I never heard of people dying because of the heat here and I live in a pretty hot country.

I just hope survives this summer. Good luck to you guys.