Sign in to follow this  
TheLastLizard

Brazil vs Mexico--Copa America--Who's watching? (looking your way Cynthia)

It should be a great game, particularly with the world's best player (Lionel Messi) on the field...I'm rooting for the US but they're going to have a hard time...then again, Mexico surprised me so why not the US?---hopefully they put Keller and not Howard on goal

quote:
No negativity was meant at all...

I know, I was teasing you!

quote:
Also, Robinho was clearly offsides and that is why the goal shouldn't have and didn't count...

Diego, the one who, scored was not offsides and the referee only annulled that goal after the mexicans complained about it.

The offsides rule is a very tricky one, IMO. It's really about interpretation, so I guess I should really stop whining. Not that I care enough about this game to actually whine about it. I stoped caring about our national team a long time ago. As long as São Paulo wins, I'm happy!

quote:
then again, Mexico surprised me so why not the US?---

I think it's so funny how people look at our national team like it's the best thing in the world. Seriously, you should read what 90% of brazilians say about this particular team and Dunga (the coach). We hate both of them, we hate CBF and Ricardo Teixeira. Ricardo Teixeira ruined our football.

Argentina, without a doubt, is the best team of this competition. I don't really see the USA winning, but I'm gonna root for them anyway, cuz as a good brazilian that I am, I could never root for Argentina Razzer (I'm totally kidding, I was rooting for Boca Juniors when they played Gremio last week).

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:

The offsides rule is a very tricky one, IMO. It's really about interpretation.

I think it's so funny how people look at our national team like it's the best thing in the world.

Argentina, without a doubt, is the best team of this competition. I don't really see the USA winning.

Offsides is interpretation and perception, and like anything that's a discretionary call by a human being, open to criticism. So yea, stop your whining!! Wink

Why is it funny about the way your national team is viewed? You WERE the team to beat not too long ago!

I'd have to agree with you on the USA's chances unfortunately. Even if the guys I mentioned were there we'd have a tough time against Argentina. But I did watch a miracle happen on the ice in Lake Placid in 1980 so I've learned to never say never! Cool

wow... this is a little off, but i heard that sometimes in soccer games whoever is facing france lets a rooster loose on the feild.. haha... funny. and who knew that roosters in fact say cocorico not cockadoodledoo. yup..this is the stuff you learn in france.

cynthia - what do they say in portugeuse?

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

wow... this is a little off, but i heard that sometimes in soccer games whoever is facing france lets a rooster loose on the feild.. haha... funny. and who knew that roosters in fact say cocorico not cockadoodledoo. yup..this is the stuff you learn in france.

Seriously? I had no idea... it is funny!

Brazil always looses to France. *bitter*

quote:
cynthia - what do they say in portugeuse?

You mean roosters? Here they say cocoricó too!

PS: Welcome back!!!!!!!!!