Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

A rant about Regina

i think sometimes its hard to gauge wether lyrics are nonsensical or not.

sometimes you just write shit down and it doesnt make sense and you dont care, or there is a very unusual way to explain a feeling you have the NOONE else can figure out, and it appears nonsensical.

something that we dont understand could mean the world to her.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

sometimes you just write shit down and it doesnt make sense and you dont care, or there is a very unusual way to explain a feeling you have the NOONE else can figure out, and it appears nonsensical.

Hey, even if I never understand a particular lyric, as long as it's musically interesting that's all that matters...

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Taking "Carbon Monoxide" as an example, that "C'mon Daddy" part is not repetitve in the musical sense, that she's going to higher pitch as she proceeds through it.

Very true. And the repetition of the lyric highlights the development in the melody. "Simple," yet very effective.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

Hey, even if I never understand a particular lyric, as long as it's musically interesting that's all that matters...

oh yeah. no doubt. i like to listen to music in other languages, and even though you dont understand it, the music can till catch you and tug at you really hard. i think thats amazing.

but its the same thing, like... um 'I cut off my hair', looking at it line by line it seems crazy, but i think thats the point, its from the view of a crazy person and when you back up and squint (metaphorically) you can see that. things like that make life and music so interesting.

some people think some of my lyrics are just filler, when really theyre just too deeply wound that i cant put them in a way that makes sense to other, or dont want to try because it's how they make sense to me.

i know lots of artists who do this. its a neat technique that just kind of happens.