BitsOfBone

John Cusack is a Regina Fan!

Oh, wow, that's cool how she posted about WWSFTCS. Smiler

Although I personally wouldn't say How 'slays my soul'.

I don't know, maybe there's just so many love related songs that you hear all the time that How doesn't have as big as impact as it might have, even if (I assume) it's sincere... and we know Regina isn't the type to churn out standard radio-friendly love songs.

Sorry that didn't make much sense.

I think we all agree that 'How' is wonderful but not the usual Regina written type song. Although, after saying that, she is so diverse, what really is a 'usual' Regina song? But with 'How' the music is beautiful, but flows without any tempo changes like in a lot of her songs, like with 'Small Town Moon', 'Human of The Year', 'Dance Anthem..', etc. She has other songs that stay somewhat constant with the music like 'Samson', but the words are cryptic, like practically all her songs. And the words aren't like that with 'How'; It's much easier to understand all the way through. So, I guess I am saying that riddle type words and distinguishable music changes in the same song are classic Regina, and 'How' isn't like that. It came out of left field from an artist that is always said to be out of left field. And a song that sounds normal-ish is left field for Regina. Smiler And isn't it funny, cause what I'm really saying is that unpredictability is 'usual' Regina Smiler. And since we didn't expect anything like 'How' to come from her, doesn't that pretty much make the song classic Regina? Smiler sheeesh! All these years and I still can't describe her. What I'm really trying to say is 'wow'! what a cool thing the Paramour girl said. Smiler

I was thinking out loud with this whole post. And I don't have the energy to rewrite it. Sorry

Field Below isn't a love song really though. Maybe I am just a cynic Wink

I've never reeeeeeeeally gotten 'into' How anyway is what I mean. Maybe I should leave that there and talk about this on the lyrics thread xD

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

It came out of left field from an artist that is always said to be out of left field. And a song that sounds normal-ish is left field for Regina. Smiler And isn't it funny, cause what I'm really saying is that unpredictability is 'usual' Regina Smiler. And since we didn't expect anything like 'How' to come from her, doesn't that pretty much make the song classic Regina? Smiler

Ahah yeah you're right, she's constantly doing something awesomely different/unpredictable! Even if that means it's a more straightforward song.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

"how" is hardly a new thing from Regina. Consider "Field Below" as a antecedent.

Well hey there MusicLover. Nice to hear from you. I always feel honored when you reply to me directly.

About 'How', I said not 'usual', not never. But 'hardly' a new thing doesn't quite seem right to me. There is definitely something more rare about 'How'. Field Below is maybe an example of what you say, but to me It's still more of an odd song. The words and the foot tapping and other parts. It's all an 'in general' thing I'm saying anyway. No big hard fast rules here. Jeeez! can't you be a little more liberal with this. Smiler (kiddn' ya). It was an observance, not fact. You speak in facts. I'm a little jealous of your confidence. And despite what people say, I do like reading your posts no matter how sucky you put things sometimes. Smiler You bring out the snark in me. Feels good. Smiler