Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

1999 demo tape

i see where you are coming from bren.. this drama between brumstix and its members lately is (really i cant think of another word) ridiculous. it makes me really just want to stop reading on here. of late i dont post much, i just have a time and a half keeping up with reg herself lately.

honestly, i feel that i would be happy if peter pan kept them for himself. i really have no desire to hear these. regina wants us to hear her new album, she asked not to hear these. specifically she said this. i really think that trumps anything anyone could ever decide to do with the songs. i do feel sorry for the group that received the songs, yet i dont. its just really shady business going on here, and i highly doubt reg would approve. and isnt this HER forum??? isnt this HER music??

i dont know what to think.

I just think it's disgusting how a select 15-20 members were chosen to be part of this little club. And the way it was done? With George being consulted on who was trustworthy? So f'ing tacky. Really hurtful, too, which is stupid, because it's just an online forum. But I really did think I was part of this community, and to find out I never was... Yeah, it sucks. Guess I'm going back to Fragment.

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

shady business

This.

And now I feel dumb for my post up there, especially when I think of a lot of the comments on the YouTube videos about how the Brumstix members were trying to keep the songs within their own community, the Brumstix members are hypocrites, the Brumstix members suck, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna!:

I just think it's disgusting how a select 15-20 members were chosen to be part of this little club. And the way it was done? With George being consulted on who was trustworthy? So f'ing tacky. Really hurtful, too, which is stupid, because it's just an online forum.

I agree completely, hence my confession.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa...:

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna!:

Guess I'm going back to Fragment.

Why?

I don't want to be a part of this forum anymore.

EDIT: I will keep this here because it is still how I feel, although I am no longer leaving as planned.

~~

Not taking anything but our existences into account, everyone including myself should be ashamed of letting this break us apart.

I joined this forum on the twenty-fifth of August, 2007. That was the night I purchased my tickets to see Regina at the Hammerstein Ballroom on October 16, 2007; my first-ever concert. I was so happy to see a group of people so excited, so fresh-faced, honest, humorous and, most importantly, loving. To be able to share in the excitement of seeing Regina Spektor play live, to have other people who knew my feelings and understood her worth, was beyond comprehension for me, at the rather young age of 15.

Now, at the slightly older-sounding age of 17, I could not fathom joining this forum anew. I would be so extremely hesitant to post here, because the "cool kids" would just stare at me awkwardly before returning to their conversation. I will never understand how digitized words on a screen can create cliques.

Unfortunately, my few attempts at joining the discussion on this forum were either ignored or tuned out. There was some light banter when I created a cute little t-shirt design about Jenny Bubblegum, and when I wrote in the "introduce yourself" column, I was shot down after one post. I even got up the nerve to post a photo of myself to people I didn't know. I... I don't know how to express what I'm feeling. I love this forum because of the diverse group of people who share so much insight, from all over the world. But something like this... there was always a line across the forum between groups of people, and now the line has done anything but blur. I appreciate everyone on this site for all they contribute and say, and I honestly wish I knew all of you. Really.

But I cannot, in good conscience, post here and know that this site was started many years ago by a young Ms Regina Spektor, a girl not much older than myself with a beautiful soul and a message to spread. To think that this kind of atrocious, childish, divisive hatred has been created in her name makes me writhe with discomfort.

I will no longer post here. See some of you on the 17th at the Beacon Theatre.

-John Savarese