Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

1999 demo tape

Drama happens people! We are simply discussing what should have been done with this sensitive issue. Geez, the minute a board has a bit of drama, people threaten to leave? That is the most silliest thing I have ever heard.

IN a few weeks, all this drama will be done and over with and we will go back to just talking about Regina and how amazing her concert tour is going and how great the album is.

The songs are out. In my opinion, I think that they were going to be leaked in one way or another and I am GLAD I got to hear them and I do not feel bad in any such way that I did. Not that many people are actually going to listen to those songs anyway. Only uber fans that go to brumstick or find them on youtube, or maybe her fan websites will know. But they are plenty of new/up and coming fans who have absolutely no idea and probably never will or won't for a very long time.

So this really isn't that life changing. I think it could have been handled better but whats done is done. and i don't really think this board is any better or worse than I did when I first joined (which to be honest, isn't very long but I have lurked here for months before I joined). Maybe more interesting is all.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

(...)

This negative portrayal of old-stixers paints a picture: Walk into a shopping mall, find a random group of friends, jump into the middle of their conversation. You will not be treated as well as those who have been friends for years. Are these people elitist because they treat their close friends better than newcomers? No, but if you make an effort to be friendly, you will also make friends yourself.

Oh, Johnny. You can't compare this forum with a shopping mall. People on here are not just "a random group of friends". We all come/came on here for a reason--we all share a common interest. You were part of this in-group...so you'll never undertand how the out-group felt. No one in the in-group can understand how we outsiders felt.

Since you like analogies, here's one:

You get adopted into this wonderful family. You have loving parents, a sister and two brothers. Your parents love you just as much as their other biological children. They never picked favorites (or so it seems). One day, your parents die. They left a will. But on the will you don't see your name. You only see your sister and two brothers. "What about me?", you think. "Am I not special? Am I not part of this family?" Your sister and brothers act as if nothing happened. You feel even more confused.

---

This is how I felt awhile back. I knew some people had access to those songs. I knew they were being shared. I felt really confused, but I never told anyone or made such a big deal of it.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

(...)

People do stupid shit, people also change. No one is perfect.

I agree that people do make mistakes.

But now that the shit has hit the fan...look how they ("the people who got the songs way back") are reacting.

Quoting from rawin "At the time it seemed all friendly enough, but being updated and reading back on the discussions today, it's disappointing how some of us who received the songs are acting patronizing and innocent, saying Regina doesn't want these songs to be heard, and yet they've had the files safely on their computer the last two years.

Rawin is the only person who is humble enough to look at this situation in two perspectives (in-group vs. out-group).

And I really don't understand this whole "let's let this thread die off" mentality...and then what? What's the point of doing that? So that we can forget...and move on? I agree, we should move on. We really should move on. But in order to do this, we want you guys, not necessarily to apologize (cause some of you will be like "Apologize?! We didn't do nothin' wrong!") but to take heart of how we felt. How we outsiders felt. And to be sensitive about it. Cause what happened really hurt some of our feelings.

I agree that the way the songs were distributed was wrong like I said (the way everything was handled blah blah)

but I just don't mind that they were released for everyone to hear. I think it should have happened. and I am glad I get to listen to them now.

quote:
Originally posted by mk90_:

We really should move on. But in order to do this, we want you guys, not necessarily to apologize (cause some of you will be like "Apologize?! We didn't do nothin' wrong!") but to take heart of how we felt. How we outsiders felt. And to be sensitive about it. Cause what happened really hurt some of our feelings.

Ok, because I do (and did) feel genuinely bad and I truly want this issue to be dissolved here's a confession: I had the tracks. Do I feel did anything wrong, no, I'm sorry if that makes some of you mad at me but I'm being honest--I didn't consider it going against Regina's wishes because it wasn't a major leaking across the internet. I guess I don't consider myself "the internet," and maybe I'm wrong about that, but I just saw it as a friend giving me a very great gift. And, like Johnny said, I would never dream of tarnishing the trust that was given. I don't at all think I'm better than anyone else, I don't deserve a single thing that I'm given in life and am always in awe of the great opportunities and life that I have been granted. And I'm not talking about Regina here, I'm talking about my life in a whole.

Another bit of truth: While I was first and foremost upset that Regina's trust had been broken, I was a bit sad that the tracks were no longer a, well almost sacred, thing. I don't disagree with the whole of stix having the tracks, its the whole world having free range to pick over them that bothers. I've since gotten over it, and that's not the reason I was fighting vehemently for Regina--I did it because I'm in deeply love with her and in many ways I can act like an overheated boyfriend when I feel people are disrespecting her.

But the main reason I'm writing this post is to say this: I am very sorry that people are hurt. Obviously no one meant for that to happen, I know my words won't be enough for many to change their minds, but truly it was not about being elitist at all. Never in my wildest did I think people would be upset if they knew I had the songs, I know that makes me seem like an inconsiderate bitch, but it just honestly never registered with me. I can tell you all that I felt terrible when I saw the reactions yesterday, even to the point of feeling physically ill. And I felt that way because I do care about all of you, I do think all of you are very special and very unique, and I do think the world is a better and more beautiful place because you are all in it.

So I'm genuinely sorry feelings were hurt, I hope all can be forgiven, and even if you can never forgive me--I hope you can continue to enjoy this forum because it really is a special place, despite the sometime drama.

Its just that while everyone believed it was just peter pan that had these songs there was this great mystery behind it all and it was kind of exciting to think one person alone had them.

Now I feel as if the chosen ones were sniggering behind our backs.

Thank you for sharing kaysntees. I may not agree with you 100%, but I'm glad you shared.

"This is a place where i hope people will write their ideas and share..." let us not forget this.

quote:
Originally posted by mk90_:

Thank you for sharing kaysntees. I may not agree with you 100%, but I'm glad you shared.

"This is a place where i hope people will write their ideas and share..." let us not forget this.

I don't need you to agree, just try and understand that nothing came from a malicious place, I hate more than anything that so many have been hurt over this. I know its hard to believe me as you can't see my face or hear my voice, but I feel terrible that people are hurt.