Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

1999 demo tape

When the preview for chicken song, school is out, and cinderella song came out, I clicked the link for it and watched it, I didn't really think "I'm doing a bad thing by listening to these" I just thought, "oh cool, I'll just check it out", no second thoughts about it. I feel like this is how they felt while sharing the songs, they weren't really doing bad, they were just sharing with eachother because that is what friends do.

I know that if someone tells me a secret or something I usually tell my Mom or my best friend about it because I just want to talk to someone else who knows, experience it with someone else who might feel strongly about it. I don't think you should judge them so harshly.

Ok I have figured you just don't get how I feel about this situation at all Ralph so stop trying to get me to shut and forget ok?

I don't even know if I wanna be a part of the stix anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

Thats another long time stixer threatening to leave.

Its time more people owned up to being part of this before the stix completely implodes.

quote:

Ok I have figured you just don't get how I feel about this situation at all Ralph so stop trying to get me to shut and forget ok?

I'm not trying to get you to "shut and forget", I wasn't even talking directly to you.

All I am trying to do is get people to see from their perspective, not cause a conflict.

Or they could try and see from our perspective, and all of them own up and not just 2 or 3 people. And it's their fault this conflict has happened anyway.

I am tired of this argueing, I'm leaving if brumstix doesn't own up. I don't want to be a part of this anymore.

Edit: the fact there is so many scapegoats in on it doesn't please me at all. Post numbers don't mean anything to me, I enjoyed the stix this was what really mattered to me. Right now I'm taking a break.

Okay, before anyone reads this, I don't mean to fan the flames, and I'm not mad at anyone. I just wanted to put my perspective out there.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

This place has become far more juvenile than I ever expected when I first joined. It's not due to an elitist attitude from the long-time stixers (who are among the most level headed and kind people that I know), but rather to a feeling of entitlement from the new members. Nobody here has entitlement, most notably those who have not yet earned trust, or built a relationship with anybody. Do not condemn those who are close friends for treating each other as such. Do not complain about not being included in a friendship that you have not made the effort to build. This negative portrayal of old-stixers paints a picture: Walk into a shopping mall, find a random group of friends, jump into the middle of their conversation. You will not be treated as well as those who have been friends for years. Are these people elitist because they treat their close friends better than newcomers? No, but if you make an effort to be friendly, you will also make friends yourself.

I'm uncomfortable with the suggestion that people who love Regina's music just as much as the earliest stixers but who don't have the advantage of being intimately acquainted with the forum have less of a right to any of Regina's music than the inner circle does. If anyone should be deprived of Regina's music, the reason for the deprivation should not be that this person hasn't made friends with the right people but that none of us really has a right to hear the songs that Regina doesn't want to be heard.

I'm not going to comment on how I feel about the songs circulating against Regina's wishes, partly because I'm not sure myself how I feel and partly because I can't claim to know for sure what Regina's wishes are. I just felt compelled to say that the rights we accord to our friends and the rights of the public with respect to the works of a widely beloved artist are not comparable. If you've taped a performance yourself, okay, you don't have to share your recording with anyone you don't want to. But selectively opening the gate to a group of an artist's demos feels different to me.

quote:

I am tired of this argueing, I'm leaving if brumstix doesn't own up. I don't want to be a part of this anymore.

i don't feel like threatening is a very mature way to handle this already immature situation!

If you want to leave, goodbye! Smiler