Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

1999 demo tape

quote:
Originally posted by Ficky:

Originally posted by CommonLoon:

"If anyone should be deprived of Regina's music, the reason for the deprivation should not be that this person hasn't made friends with the right people but that none of us really has a right to hear the songs that Regina doesn't want to be heard."

So, so undeniably TRUE.

That whole post was SO LAME, by the way, Perks, the idea that the people who shared it are the "cool kids from school," which, no offense to anyone and myself being included, I'm pretty sure no one here was one of the cool kids at school, which is why we all love Regina maybe, the misfits, looking for acceptance and love and community of equals as Regina fans, not as a "stix member" that has been here for x number of days or posted x number of times or happened to earn the entitlement, and yes it is entitlement, to be included in the "hierarchy of the elders" and deemed worthy of receiving something. But maybe that's why we have this clique here, get to experience what it's like to have the power and prestige over somebody that you missed out on in high school. Wow. Um. Way to go. You're in the big time now.

Quote from the CBS Sunday Morning Regina appearance: "I'm a tough girl from the Bronx." She's also been quoted as saying that people thought she was being forced to change her sound on "Begin to Hope" and she said, no, this is what I wanted it to sound like, no one can make me do anything, I'm very bull headed.

When did Regina say she was entrusting you to decide who to dole her songs out to? That's what you're acting like. You're The Regina Superfan Clan of Heroes, out to defend and protect Regina. Except she never asked you to. She doesn't even know who you are. You're not her best friends. You're FANS, like the rest of us, who happen to know someone who was able to pay $600 for a cassette tape.

It's either OKAY to share them with EVERYONE... or it's NOT OKAY to share them with ANYONE. It feels like you "cool kids" brought cupcakes to class, but only enough for your little clique, and the rest of us were supposed to sit and watch you eat them. But worse than that. One of a kind, irreplaceable cupcakes that we all really, really want to taste.

Several of you admit that you got off on the fact that you were sharing in this delicious, sacred little secret. IS THAT HOW PITIFUL YOUR LIFE REALLY IS? That's how you get your kicks?

This whole thing is so ridiculous. I'm SO THRILLED the songs are out. I think from PeterPan's original post, it's CLEAR Regina didn't really care strongly about this issue one way or the other. So we're not hurting her. We're hurting the "elite" group that wanted to keep the power over us. And they're trying to make us feel guilty that we are going against Regina's wishes when we're really not.

GET OVER YOURSELVES.

QFT.

I'm trying not to get involved in this, cause I don't feel like it's my place. 'Cause I know no one here. But...once more, say it with me: QFT.

quote:
Originally posted by SugarDrive:

i'm too 1337 for that mess.

hehehehee.

http://youmakemetouchyourhands...idreasons.ytmnd.com/

jody sent me this privately, but i want to let it all out now

and i ain't stupid you tried to sit next to me with my little bro who's 7 and doesn't know who you are but still blocked your chair

well bi you peace of shit

I really love the song school is out!

especially since my school ended today, June 3rd! and its just an amazing song. i love to listen to regina's jazzier stuff. I could just listen to this all day on the background just laying in bed.