Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was frakking awesome!!

Why is there no discussion aboutit?!?!

SOMEONE DISCUSS IT WITH MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

kthanks.

Agreed! it was fracking awesome!

I wore my Gryfindor scarf bc i'm hardcore like that...

I was genuinely scared with the old creepy lady(Bathilda bagshot?)/snake bit...

appt: good point. For a movie where nothing happens, it was super intense...

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

I was genuinely scared with the old creepy lady(Bathilda bagshot?)/snake bit...

From the third movie onwards Harry Potter is not for children but there are always little children present at the cinema; and with the snake scene if I were 7 or 8 I would have serious nightmares.

I just watched Predators and Get Him To The Greek.

Predators was what I expected; not that great, but entertaining nonetheless. The acting was OK, the story was kind of interesting, and the cinematography was cool.

Get Him To The Greek was NOT what I expected, however. It really failed to meet my expectations, honestly. It focussed way too much on the drug/alcohol aspect of the music industry, whereas I expected it to focus more on the business part of the music industry. It was way too unfocussed and it couldn't decide what it wanted to be, and I honestly felt like I needed to detox when it was over.

quote:
Originally posted by himynameism:

I just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last night!

I cried like a little baby when Dobby died. I am nervous to see the last movie now.

I thought that part was going to affect me more than it did. I guess that was just because they took Dobby out of most of the movies, so it was less emotional when he died. I cried when I read that part in the book, though.

I am so excited for the second half. I didn't like the first half as much as I thought I would based on what everyone was saying about it, but I don't see how I could not be satisfied with the final part. I hate using the word "epic," but that's the first word that comes to mind. Smiler

quote:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was frakking awesome!!

Why is there no discussion aboutit?!?!

SOMEONE DISCUSS IT WITH MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

kthanks.

Molly! Big Grin

HARRY POTTER!! leaves i am with you it was sooooo good. Except, I was watching it with subtitles (we didnt know until we got to the cinema) and as Dobby was dying, I was crying, and on the screen '(deathly sigh)' appears....cue the whole cinema hysterically laughing. But yeah, other than that, it was amazing!!

I saw Love and Other Drugs last night with some friends, mainly because I knew Fidelity was in it. I was kinda surprised because it was almost nothing like what I expected based on the previews. I wasn't all that impressed, and thought they could've done so much more. Nakedness doesn't make up for a lack of substance people! But if you're all about romantic comedy with tons of nudity then go for it. Plus, it can't be all bad, they play Fidelity all the way through at then end. Though it starts out with a weirdly looping partial instrumental section for a minute or so before the song really "starts". I made my friends sit through like 3 minutes of credits just so I could listen to regina. haha

DOBBY DIED!!!!! WHY!?!?!?!

HEDWIG DIED TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! (if by some miracle she isn't really dead, don't correct me. I haven't read the book, it's on my to do list o.k.?)

I think my favorite part of the movie, other than all of it, was the story of the deathly hallows. I thought it was really neat how it was illustrated.

Also, Ron saved Harry's life. It's about time Ron started being useful. Like really useful...

ANNDDDD...

Matthew-Lewis_2009_01.jpg

Neville is a total BAMF.

quote:

I think my favorite part of the movie, other than all of it, was the story of the deathly hallows. I thought it was really neat how it was illustrated.

I totally forgot about that and yet I found it utterly awesome in the cinema Eeker

However, reading the book the deathly hollow element was kinda redundant and unnecessary imho. I was confused and then the deathly hollows and horcruxes became one concept...