Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

BLACK SWAN GET'S A WIDE RELEASE DATE OF DECEMBER 22nd!!!! And it's getting great reviews and there is tons of Oscar Buzz around Natalie's performance. If you want you can watch 8 minutes of seperate footage here SmilerAnd the soundtrack RULES. Clint Mansell took the familiar Swan Lake tunes and combined them in even darker ways. The posters rule too. Haha wow I'm too excited. I have honestly never been so excited for a movie. Yes, partly because I'm a ballerina but hello? Look how awesome it looks!

EDIT: My gifs give away too much Smiler So go see it for yourself!

^Uhhh yeahhh. Freaking. Black Swan. Everything good you hear is true. I saw it today, before i go home to middleofnowhereonly4moviescreens with in a 40mile radius. Sooo worth feeling like a werido seeing a weekday matinee with the oldfolks.

It's like, i dunno, I really want to see it again. I love Natalie Portman for starters. The movie is like freaky, but not horror. And like, there's a plot, but nothing really normal or predictable. And even if i told you everything that happens, it wouldn't matter and you'd still need to see it because the main character is pretty intense and all the thoughts, emotions, events are a huge blur of "wait, what's really going on???" and while the audience may not know, she sure as hell doesn't so... Yeah...rambling. The other great thing, is that the production and effects are quite minimal and it's really just the characters that hold all your attention, which can't be said for many movies these days. So, basically, highly recommended by me.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

^Uhhh yeahhh. Freaking. Black Swan. Everything good you hear is true. I saw it today, before i go home to middleofnowhereonly4moviescreens with in a 40mile radius. Sooo worth feeling like a werido seeing a weekday matinee with the oldfolks.

It's like, i dunno, I really want to see it again. I love Natalie Portman for starters. The movie is like freaky, but not horror. And like, there's a plot, but nothing really normal or predictable. And even if i told you everything that happens, it wouldn't matter and you'd still need to see it because the main character is pretty intense and all the thoughts, emotions, events are a huge blur of "wait, what's really going on???" and while the audience may not know, she sure as hell doesn't so... Yeah...rambling. The other great thing, is that the production and effects are quite minimal and it's really just the characters that hold all your attention, which can't be said for many movies these days. So, basically, highly recommended by me.

YESSSSS. Just got back from Black Swan. It lived up to all the hype and my expectations i've been building for months! Just AMAZING and trippy. Now that I've let it absorb a bit it all makes sense. Natalie will win the Oscar, i'm gonna have to go see it again!!! I want to see Aronofsky's other movies too.

Yup, black swan is good. Immediately after watching it the hype seemed unsubstantiated but then I couldn't get the movie out of my head and after reading some very interesting "readings" of the movie on the net I'm sold. Great movie, great acting, great ambiguity and detail.

I watched Black Swan yesterday night. It's the best movie I've seen this year so far. I agree with Alicia, Natalie is gonna win Oscar for sure.

When the movie ended I still kept on staring at the screen with my eyes wide open. Couldn't say anything and the expression on my face was exactly the same ---> Eeker

'ello Bits!

Smiler

I saw Gulliver's Travels yesterday. I thought it was o.k., it had a few laughs here and there but not up to Jack Black's usual stuff. Movie didn't really follow the book though...

I think I found the group of seven year olds sitting in the row in front of me more entertaining; which is weird for me because I hate it when people sit in front of me, especially small kids, but these kids were cute and the didn't cry or talk during the movie.