Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

Finally got round to watching Let the Right One In last night after first hearing about it in this thread months ago.

What an incredible film,with brilliant performances from the 2 young actors.It creates such an atmosphere when you watch that you almost forget to breathe.Really!!

Stunning film.

I saw Black Swan Thursday. I still don't know what to think of it, it was just so out there. I thought it was scary. I also thought there was too much ambiguity. What do you all think?

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

I also thought there was too much ambiguity. What do you all think?

I love the ambiguity. I've read a little analysis on IMDB where the person argued all that happened was Nina's comatose dreams in hospital because she was the one hit by a car. The evidenve the person presented was so compelling that I'm now inclined to interpret the movie that way as well. Unfortunately I did not bookmark the page and I can't find it nowFrowner

^That's the thing - she wasn't or at least it was not shown directly. Beth was the one that got hit but there were several details that suggested that from that moment on (car hitting Beth) the story is Nina's hallucinations before her dying moment hence she was the one involved in the crash (abrupt transition between the accident scene and the scene at the hospital; Nina's leg changing into swan's leg by breaking and her hitting her head, and the final revelation of the fatal wound while she's lying = like on a pavement dying). Maybe that's just overcomplicating things but y'now literature majors tend to incline towards weird-ish analyses Wink

I saw Black Swan for the second time yesterday.

It was great to notice other details and build more ideas and interpretations about Nina's character. Every second I got shivers and it shook me from inside.

Yes, Rosa, there are much of ambiguity and scary moments for sure, but that's what really gets you. It's not like any other movie when you just have to 'accept' the ending. This one is so different. It makes you analyze what you just saw, get your own conclusions and maybe develop the author's thought and idea the way you want/feel.

^^ I saw it a second time also and yes you catch SO much more and the beauty of the film.

I saw Spirited Away and holy cow it was AMAZING! I'm going to have to see all of Hayao Miyazaki's films. Especially because of how much John Lasseter and the other guys from Pixar admire him Smiler How do you even come up with a story like that? Wow.

I am going to go ahead and shamelessly spam the 'stix with my new blog.

http://justlikethemoviesieat.wordpress.com/

I just started a blog that is going to document every film I see this year (2011). I should clarify that only movies I see for the first time will count, new and old.

It's fun, I hope you'll all come and have a nosy. Big Grin

ps. I'm going to see 'The King's Speech' on Saturday, and I'm very excited.

pps. the sites name is somewhat Regina related, so my spam not so shameless after all. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

^^ I saw it a second time also and yes you catch SO much more and the beauty of the film.

I saw Spirited Away and holy cow it was AMAZING! I'm going to have to see all of Hayao Miyazaki's films. Especially because of how much John Lasseter and the other guys from Pixar admire him Smiler How do you even come up with a story like that? Wow.

I love Miyzaki! Defintley check øut Kiki's delivery service, Howl's Moving Castle, and my neighbor Totoro.

And I can't wait to see Black Swan. I've been so busy, but it looks insanely amazing! Big Grin