Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

I just saw the King's Speech. It was really good! It was a really well made film. I disliked how it just seemed like I had already seen the film before. It definitely followed a pattern and was very predictable(almost blandly predictable, at times). Colin Firth was amazing(and I hope he wins best actor.) Good film, nothing I'd watch more than once, though.

I'm a little late but "Due Date" was funny/good in my opinion. Not a jaw-dropper but certainly worth the watch and it has pretty good acting. Smiler

I saw The King's Speech with my family recently. IT WAS AMAZING! My whole family absolutley loved it and I would recommend it to anyone. Me and my dad are gonna go see it again! Colin Firth deserves every award coming to him, what a brilliant (...and attractive) actor! And a great supporting cast too.

The movie is actually pretty funny too! And sad at times. And it's such a great AND TRUE story that I'm so glad was told to the public. I couldn't imagine the pressure he was under... being king when he didn't even want to be, much less having to give speeches with such an embarrasing problem. He was a very strong and couragous person! Great movie Big Grin (I wonder if Queen Elizabeth has seen it since it's about her dad?)

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I saw The King's Speech with my family recently. IT WAS AMAZING! My whole family absolutley loved it and I would recommend it to anyone. Me and my dad are gonna go see it again! Colin Firth deserves every award coming to him, what a brilliant (...and attractive) actor! And a great supporting cast too.

The movie is actually pretty funny too! And sad at times. And it's such a great AND TRUE story that I'm so glad was told to the public. I couldn't imagine the pressure he was under... being king when he didn't even want to be, much less having to give speeches with such an embarrasing problem. He was a very strong and couragous person! Great movie Big Grin (I wonder if Queen Elizabeth has seen it since it's about her dad?)

Regina liked The King's Speech toooooo! Smiler

“The King’s Speech is such a sweet movie... very touching! If you like friendship and hate Hitler, boy is this the movie for you!”

~ Regina Spektor, on her facebook [2/10/2010]

I just saw Despicable Me with my bro and younger sis. GREAT movie. It has Steve Carell and Russell Brand voicing. If you're ever debating what movie to watch with family, especially if there are kids, pick this.

^i agree. It was a great movie. The part where he reads the girls the "three-little-kittens" bedtime story almost made me wet myself. hahah

Just saw Jane Eyre last night. It was pretty good. Granted, I'm a sucker for pretty much all period movies. I must say though, it was a bit disappointing how much they downplayed the true creepiness/ghostlyness of the crazy wife.

I watched Rio today--just to drool over Jesse Eisenberg's voice, not gonna lie. But I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, which makes me happy because I wanted to like it. Smiler It was SUCH a cute movie. I definitely recommend it.

I saw Hanna yesterday and I just have to say it's probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's just the embodiment of everything I love in movies; the music, the acting, the locations, the action... all of it was perfect to me.

Sorry for the double post.

I just watched The High Cost of Living with Zach Braff. It was a very moving and sad movie. The acting is brilliant and the locations (it's set in Montreal) are very beautiful despite the lack of actual beauty (if you know what I mean). I give it a 4 out of 5.