Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

I saw Bridesmaids and it is SO FUNNY. The trailer doesn't do it justice. The movie was hilarious. Up there with The Hangover, Superbad and Mean Girls. And remember, just becuase it's a female leading cast doesn't make it a chick flick! It's definitely enjoyable for everyone! The audience couldn't stop laughing! And Kristen Wiig is spot on with her acting and comedic timing. I recommend it, i'm gonna go see it again with another lively crowd. It's worth the money.

Woo thread revival! I just saw The Artist and holy cow it was so good I almost died. Just so beautifully done. Also helps that Jean Dujardin is fucking hot. Sure, I'm a little late on the uptake post-Oscars and all, but if anyone hasn't seen it yet go see it IMMEDIATELY!

I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but a few days ago I watched "Mary And Max" and it was one of the most wonderful things I have ever seen. So beautiful and cute and funny and sad and smart all a the same time. I'd recommend it to anyone, with any kind of taste!

Saw Titanic in 3D Smiler

I thought it was pretty good though. I hadn't seen it in full before today, only about the second half or so. Afterwards I ended up researching the Titanic (both the event and the movie) for a while hah..

Aah it was sad.. the people that died, and also

NO, JACK, NOOOOOOOO! :'( YOU AND ROSE LOVED EACH OTHER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.

Wow, i thought i was the only one who didn't love movies. People always respond as though i'd said i don't like music. But i generally don't get into movies-the medium generally doesn't appeal to me.

I'm taking some film classes this semester, and i have to say that i am starting to respect everything that goes into movie-making. And that makes them more bearable. But i still don't enjoy them as pure entertainment. Maybe i'm just a square Confused

I watched The Sapphires today.. which was interesting and entertaining, if kind of all over the place. What was weird that I knew - and had recently listened to several songs on the soundtrack (totally coincidentally), when I probably wouldn't usually.

Plus the time period is what we're doing at school... and in the movie they have the outback community and some government people who come and try to take some of the kids, today I was reading some stories by Aboriginal people who were taken and put into missionaries/orphanages. Yeah.

Oh I bet no one'll read this but has anyone seen it? It was kind of disjointed at some parts. Like one minute there's this big fight and Gail (I think) is talking about how their cousin was taken away from her family to be assimilated into white society.. and it's all sad, then BAM Chris O'Dowd starts dancing and asks her to join in. Idk.

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

I gave my boyfriend some anime films for christmas. Among them Spirited away (which I know is his favorite. and I asked him, he disagrees with you appt... he says mononoke is good but not better Wink), Howl's moving castle, Grave of the fireflies. We're gonna see them soon Smiler

I'm a sucker for anime films.