Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

I Am Legend was hardly amazing, but it was A pretty interesting film!

I love those kinds if science-fictiony not too distant future movies.

Like 2001:A Space Odyssey in 1968. I remember thinking, I'll be 40 years old in 2001 and we'll be traveling to Jupiter...... Big Grin

Last week I was invited to see the latest Coen Bros Movie "No Country For Old Men" and as "O Brother Where Art Thou" was one of my all time favourite Movies, I jumped at the chance, although one review I read said it was rather violent. Confused

NoCountryForOldMen.jpg

It started off violently and went on and on with dead bodies all over the place, until I was almost as sickened as when I made the big mistake of watching "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Eeker

Critically, the Movie was well made, very suspenseful but has an utterly evil storyline, that I could have done without. Frowner

Like "Silence Of The Lambs" and "Bundy" you were left with a very nasty taste in your mouth at the end, so I say bring back "The Sound Of Music" puleeeeze! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

Ugh, i missed the bus to the cinema....i'm such a fool. i was looking forward to a comedy with kimya and other stuffFrowner

Do you live out in the country or something? I live in Belfast, so there's a bus like every 5/15 minutes. Did your friends go without you?

yep, it sucks sometimes, yeh and my friends went without me. but Juno wasn't in the cinema yetFrowner So we'l try again tomorrow and see what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

I Am Legend was hardly amazing, but it was A pretty interesting film!

I love those kinds if science-fictiony not too distant future movies.

Book is waaaay better, but it was an ok film, like you said. Funny thing is that the book the "not too distant future" was 1976. Pretty crazy to think about, huh?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

quote:

Ugh, i missed the bus to the cinema....i'm such a fool. i was looking forward to a comedy with kimya and other stuffFrowner

Do you live out in the country or something? I live in Belfast, so there's a bus like every 5/15 minutes. Did your friends go without you?

yep, it sucks sometimes, yeh and my friends went without me. but Juno wasn't in the cinema yetFrowner So we'l try again tomorrow and see what happens.

FEBRUARY EIGHTH! I can't wait. I'm gonna get my iron-will on and drag my friends with me to see it. Most of them won't resist, like, but it's more fun if I pretend that they will.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Something I spotted recently:

Here's the poster for "I Am Legend": poster.jpg

And then the poster for 1998's "What Dreams May Come": poster2.jpg

Haha. That's pretty great. But artists steal from eachother without even realizing it all of the time, right? That's just part of the whole artistic influence thing...