Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

La Vie en Rose is STILL sitting in my room waiting to be watched.. I eventually will get round to it, I've just had a lot on my plate recently.

I really love Eternal Sunshine. What I always wondered is that you see the end coming, are you supposed to?

I loaned my DVD of one of my favourite Movies out last evening after watching part of it again and it stands the test of time. Smiler

I reckon it is Anthony Hopkins best Movie and the title is "The World's Fastest Indian", a superbly acted, heart warming and at times amusing movie. Roll Eyes

TheWorldsFastestIndian.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

La Vie en Rose is STILL sitting in my room waiting to be watched.. I eventually will get round to it, I've just had a lot on my plate recently.

I really love Eternal Sunshine. What I always wondered is that you see the end coming, are you supposed to?

Considering the structure of the movie, starting at the end and then bringing is back to the beginning to see how they got that way, I'm almost 100% certain we're supposed to know the end before we see it. Doesn't take away from the movie though, in my opinion at least.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

and also i just watched eternal sunshie of the spotless mind like an hour ago.... so good!!

Well it's about time...Now watch it a second time and then you'll really get it!

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Considering the structure of the movie, starting at the end and then bringing is back to the beginning to see how they got that way, I'm almost 100% certain we're supposed to know the end before we see it. Doesn't take away from the movie though, in my opinion at least.

I concur Smiler

I saw Juno last night. I really enjoyed it, and was swaying along in my chair to all the songs haha. But there was this woman behind us, and she was laughing SO loud the WHOLE time. She was laughing at really stupid stuff, things that weren't even funny or meant to be funny! And for the stuff that was funny, she was pretty much silent. Being an optimist, I laughed every single time she did, but laughing AT her, and laughing silently. My friend doesn't have quite such a sunny disposition, and was soooo angry! I spent quite a bit of the film trying to calm him down.. At one point he turned round and said to her "Listen, you're being really annoying to everyone. Can you please just shut up?" It worked for a while, but unfortunately she started laughing pretty soon after.

Luckily it didn't ruin the film for me, and I'm going to be buying the soundtrack very soon!

P.S. I also watched Spirited Away the other day on DVD, and LOVED it. I've also seen Howl's Moving Castle and I'm going to watch a lot more japanese movies now haha.

I just spend about 45 mins recommending Juno to my friend, and she's was wanting to watch it anyway haha

I saw Antoinment this week, I liked it but nodded off towards the end... (No watching long movies on a week day for me from now on) quite a sad movie, but I really enjoyed it.

Did anyone eles cry at the end of La Vie en Rose?

Bonjour mes amis. Smiler

J'avais booked une Valentine's Day Evening Meal at a French Restaurant dans Brighton, Cafe Rouge, et j'avais aussi bought deux DVDs avec une flavour Francais. Wink

LaVieEnRose.jpg

TwoDaysInParis.jpg

"La Vie En Rose" est tres harrowing apres reading le DVD cover, mais "Two Days In Paris" est tres amusant, so I will probably watch the latter first, although it is Sod's Law that there are some decent programmes sur le Telly cette soir! Confused