Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I watched "The Painted Veil" on DVD with my little lady last evening and enjoyed it. Smiler

I like Edward Norton's acting ability and quite enjoyed "Down In The Valley" on DVD last year. Wink

I fancy going to see "The Bucket List" at the cinema, as I loved the curmudgeonly Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" in particular. Cool

Looking at reviews from The States on the net, the critics seemed to hate "The Bucket List", while Joe Public loved it, have any Brumstixers copped it yet? Confused

I saw the Bucket List, it was a so so in my book. I mean the story was heart warming, but its definitely not the most unique concept in the world. I dunno, I say give it a go. You never know!

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

I've also seen Howl's Moving Castle and I'm going to watch a lot more japanese movies now haha.

Read the book! Please! Diana Wynn Jones is a great writer, and Howl's Moving Castle is a great book! It has a sequel(ish) too!

For all you anime lovers like myself I highly recommend 'grave of the fireflies'. It is fantastic, although i actually shocked myself when I burst out crying at the end..I just couldn't contain myself it was that sad. I've watched it a good 6 or 7 times now and each time it tugs at the old heart strings! Also, definitely watch it in the original japanese with the subtitles because that was how it was intended! Wink (and the little girls voice is so uncute in the dubbed version compared to the japanese!) Anyone else seen it?

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

Oh and my favorite music from when i was a smaaaall child (and i still LOVE it today)

DROP DEAD FRED!!!!!

you MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST see this movie!!!

I loooooooove that movie Smiler My sis and I watch it all the time.

LoveFromAmy- I just found that movie depressing more than anything Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

so you're doing it like the pigeons?!?!

Hold on, hold on that's not how the pigeons do it. You're supposed to stand on her head and peck her.