Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

I fancy going to see "The Bucket List" at the cinema, as I loved the curmudgeonly Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" in particular. Cool

Looking at reviews from The States on the net, the critics seemed to hate "The Bucket List", while Joe Public loved it, have any Brumstixers copped it yet? Confused

I saw the Bucket List, it was a so so in my book. I mean the story was heart warming, but its definitely not the most unique concept in the world. I dunno, I say give it a go. You never know!

Thanks for that, we did give it a go, yesterday afternoon in Brighton after a stonkingly good Chinese meal at "The Emperor of China" and a lovely walk in the sunshine around the Marina walls. Smiler

I enjoyed "The Bucket List" very much, agreed it was corny in parts, but Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are great actors and carried it off very well and I must admit I shed a tear or two near the end! Roll Eyes

Sod the cynical professional critics I say, they have no soul! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

if you are into Japanese movies, i recommend Sptirited Away if you have not seen it! It is one of the best movies you can see for Japanese Animation! Very magic-esque

Love this movie!! I watched Howl's Moving Castle the other day. It was great. But my favorite might still be My Neighbor, Totoro. Loved Spirited Away, though.

I love My Neighbor, Totoro, its such a pure, sweet movie. For all you Ghibli/Miyazaki fans, Miyazaki is doing ONE more movie before retirement, its said to be his "swan song." It probably won't leave Japan for quite a while, but something to look forward to!

quote:

I love My Neighbor, Totoro, its such a pure, sweet movie. For all you Ghibli/Miyazaki fans, Miyazaki is doing ONE more movie before retirement, its said to be his "swan song." It probably won't leave Japan for quite a while, but something to look forward to!

Wow! I am excited!! (But sad to hear it's his swan song...)

I think it might look different because watercolors are being used heavily in this film, I personally like the return to more traditional Miyazaki.

And thank a lot George, now I'm never going to be able to take that movie seriously. WinkRazzer

quote:

And thank a lot George, now I'm never going to be able to take that movie seriously. WinkRazzer

Katy, don't you know by now, you can count on me. Cool

(P.S. you know i'm right!!)