Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

"Falling Slowly" from Once wan an Oscar for Best Original Song. Big Grin There wasn't much competition, but yeoo for The Frames and Marketa! Smiler

I am madly in love with that film and the soundtrack, so happy it won.

The guys voice is incredible, and her piano is so beautiful... Perfectly matched.

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

"Falling Slowly" from Once wan an Oscar for Best Original Song. Big Grin There wasn't much competition, but yeoo for The Frames and Marketa! Smiler

I am madly in love with that film and the soundtrack, so happy it won.

The guys voice is incredible, and her piano is so beautiful... Perfectly matched.

My friend bought the DVD of it yesterday. I'm so going to rob her house. Or, you know, ask to borrow it. If you really like Glen Hansard's voice, I advise you to buy The Frames' latest album- The Cost. It's really good. It's a great album to sit in the dark and listen to (in a non-psychopath kind of way).

He has also contributed to The Cake Sale, a charity album made by a bunch of artists that I'm a fan of. Glen Hansard sings on it, and Gemma Hayes sings one of his songs.

Sweeney Todd was SWEEEEET! Smiler

Loved it, and was very pleased with the ending... Tim Burton is just great, seriously he can totally capture darkness and put it on film, not quite as well as David Lynch, that guy can do it in a way that disturbs me.

Burton does it in a more friendly, cartoon sort of way.

Great movie!

Last Saturday when I was eating nice mushroom-vegetable soup at my brother's we watched "The Pick of Destiny" (the Tenacious-D movie), awesome movie, especially if you're into (rock) music. It is immensely funny and well, Jack Black and Kyle Gass are great musicians with a fantastic sense of humor. Big Grin

In a tiny cinema in a town I had never visited before, Uckfield on the River Uck, I saw Em Michell's recommended Movie, "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly", which is very moving and cripplingly sad in parts. Frowner

To me it had similarities to "Awakenings" with Robert de Niro and Robin Williams acting out of their skins. Wink

Both Movies bought me to tears when the hero had no more hope and retreated into their solitary world, but they make you want to make the best of your own lives. Smiler