Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Did anyone ever check that Swedish flick "Let the Right One In"? My copy just came in (pre-ordered it off Amazon). God its good, its an artsy and edgy horror/drama flick. Definitely the best vampire movie of 2008, sorry Twilight lovers.

OMG yes this movie was so good. a couple of my friends saw it too and i couldnt believe that they just thought it was ok...i think they were expecting a lot of action....but i loved how it treated vampires in a more realistic fashion...i especially loved how it dealt with what happens to a vampire if they come in unannounced....if u like foreign films u should definetely give this a try

quote:
Originally posted by princeldarion:

quote:

Did anyone ever check that Swedish flick "Let the Right One In"? My copy just came in (pre-ordered it off Amazon). God its good, its an artsy and edgy horror/drama flick. Definitely the best vampire movie of 2008, sorry Twilight lovers.

OMG yes this movie was so good. a couple of my friends saw it too and i couldnt believe that they just thought it was ok...i think they were expecting a lot of action....but i loved how it treated vampires in a more realistic fashion...i especially loved how it dealt with what happens to a vampire if they come in unannounced....if u like foreign films u should definetely give this a try

I always tell people its not a horror and not to expect it to be...there is gore, but more than anything its a coming of age tale, or even just a romance. Very masterfully done though. Much better portrayal of a vampire than one who gets shiny when out in the daylight. Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Just watched Valkyrie, very good film.

Would have been better if cruise had a german accent, with his character being german and in germany I think it was a noticable oversight...

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Just watched Valkyrie, very good film.

Would have been better if cruise had a german accent, with his character being german and in germany I think it was a noticable oversight...

Agreed, that was my first grumbling point. Big Grin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by princeldarion:

quote:

I always tell people its not a horror and not to expect it to be...there is gore, but more than anything its a coming of age tale, or even just a romance. Very masterfully done though. Much better portrayal of a vampire than one who gets shiny when out in the daylight. Razzer

I just saw Vampire movie and I was all over it... The whole film is on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Mne4&feature=related

Awesome! My copy got (accidentally) taken...I need to stop lending people things at college, that's how I lost 3 of my Regina albums. Anyhow, if anyone watches the movie on dvd you should watch the english dub for the lols.

Just saw Drag Me to Hell yesterday. If you're a fan of (pseudo) horror or the horror of yesteryear, you should definitely check it out. It never took itself too seriously which was refreshing. I would scream one second and laugh the next, it was a lot of fun.

I watched Coraline a few days ago, and it's really good not only because it has the voices of French & Saunders (a big plus), and it's based on the Neil Gaimen book but it's really well animated. I loved it.

I watched Night at the Museum 2 last week. It's funny from my point of view. That just shows my immaturity. I want a bobble head einstein so it can do my homework for me.