Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

Ya know, I'm considering seeing Up (my sister is a huge Disney/Pixar fan) but there's one thing holding me back. And that would be that all Pixar main characters are male. That probably bothers me more than it should, but yeah...

quote:
Originally posted by elkayare:

I watched Night at the Museum 2 last week. It's funny from my point of view. That just shows my immaturity. I want a bobble head einstein so it can do my homework for me.

i want to see it too! i don't think it makes you immature....

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Ya know, I'm considering seeing Up (my sister is a huge Disney/Pixar fan) but there's one thing holding me back. And that would be that all Pixar main characters are male. That probably bothers me more than it should, but yeah...

I've never realized that. However, I believe it's better than Disney's characters, without an exception, all being members of royal family or orphans. Questionable parts of Disney stories don't make sense to me. For instance, Ariel the mermaid gets legs for the first time in her life and immediately starts walking and dancing in high heeled shoes. I'm not buying this Disney!!!

Haha I totally agree with you, my sis is the Disney fan, not me. I guess they're trying to get the idea across that "any girl can be a princess." The problem with that: not every girl wants to be a princess. I want to see a Disney movie where the girl's life isn't saved by a prince or her life isn't made happily ever after by finding the man of her dreams.

Anyway, I feel a little cruel analyzing a media that (for the most part anyway) tries to portray positives messages to kids, but in a lot of ways its these simple messages that brainwash people.

quote:
I guess they're trying to get the idea across that "any girl can be a princess." The problem with that: not every girl wants to be a princess.

Some princess' want to ride off into the sunset with another princess.

I'd like to see Disney present us a happy gay couple living happily in the woods of an enchanted forest, singing and baking and dancing around with little critters like birds, deer, rabbits and such like.

Big Grin Ha! Yeah right.