Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

I watched Eternal Sunshine for the first time about 2 years ago, after I read such high praise for it on here from you all. I understand why now. So, thanks! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Sorry to backtrack, but I thought Alice in Wonderland was a masterpeice! I loved it so much! Does anyone else feel the same way?

I need to see it again...

I'll admit I was insanely tired seeing it for the first time, so I went to see it again. I definitely appreciated the continuity of the story a little more. But the obvious green screening did still get to me at times (espcially using fake horses!). Still good though, will be adding it to my collection in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by silentatdawn:

anyone into Neil Gaiman around here?Smilerjust started reading neverwhere after having read stardust and american gods and i must say i like the way he writesSmiler

I love Neil Gaiman! How cool is that man, great writer AND dating Amanda Palmer. And to be on topic with the thread, my sis got me to watch Stardust and I really loved it, and as for Coraline...I don't really know why, but I freaking adore that movie. Maybe its the soundtrack, maybe its the tone, or maybe its the skill involved, but I have watched that movie no less than 20 times and could watch it again right now. It just brings me to a happy place.

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

quote:
I love Neil Gaiman! How cool is that man, great writer AND dating Amanda Palmer.

Soon to be Husband of. Wink

This is true. The excitement I felt over their engagement was a little scary. Razzer

i'd recommend two interesting movies:

out of the ashes( there's also a book written by Gisella Perl called: i was a doctor in Auschwitz)

and also The pianist...both movies are about the holocaust as you may presume;Adrien Brody was amazing in The pianist.i find that they are two of the best movies that have Jewish persecution as the main subject- both movies are biographies.They're a must see!!

PS:I'm also glad to hear about Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer getting engaged

quote:

OH MAN! See the link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJfYULMu3g

OH MY JESUS, I'm sooooo excited!!! Big Grin

Edit: I saw Remember Me tonight. It was a little better than I expected, but then again my expectations weren't high. Basically, I saw it just to see Robert Pattinson, who was pretty good in the movie. Smiler And the girl who played his little sister was just adorable!

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I read a review of the movie in which the writer said the ending was "insultingly inappropriate," which I don't necessarily agree with...but it's a thinker. Has anyone here seen Remember Me?

Just saw She's Out of My League with some friends expecting some mind-numbing humor. Yes, it was full of cheap laughs, but I liked it more than expected. This was probably due to the fact that it was set in Pittsburgh! They went to a Penguins game, sat outside Primanti Bros, and attended an event at the Warhol Museum. Plus, there were some great shots of PNC park, Mellon arena, The Point, the rivers and tons of other landmarks. The very end, was perfect. Maybe others would disagree, but for me the ending was just hilarous.

quote:

I saw 'An Education' and loved it.

Its nice to see quality British movies, instead of low budget shit.

Carey Mulligan is wonderful.

I found that movie so hard to empathize+understand. I give a lot more reaction when I can't find my pen at where I left it than the main character after what she's been through.