Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

5) Memento

4) City of God

3) Adaptation

2) American Beauty

1) Forrest Gump

In the dozens of times I’ve seen it (yes- SEVERAL dozens), I’ve come to the following conclusion...

Forrest represents the best of all of us. He is all we can ever hope to be. He is true. He is genuine. He is Forrest Gump, nothing more. Yes, his mind is simple, but that makes his heart pure. He is not guided by malice, greed, or hatred- they are foreign concepts to him. He cannot be spurned enough to hold ill feelings. He cannot be jaded. He cannot hold contempt. He forgives all.

You can say that’s recklessly naïve, but we should all be so lucky. Because though his intentions can be misguided, they are always good and honest. Forrest only knows how to treat people how he himself wishes to be treated. There is nothing less complicated or more sincere than living that virtue. So if stupid is as stupid does, Forrest actually lives wiser than we could ever strive for.

And then, there’s Jenny...

Forrest loves her with everything he’s got. His love is unconditional, unrelenting, and undying- no matter what Jenny does. Even in her worst moments, Forrest can only think the best of her- think of the girl that offered him a seat when nobody else would. Forrest can see a beauty in Jenny that she herself cannot see. He believes in her and he never gives up on her. And though Forrest lives his life without understanding it all, he knows, without a doubt, he loves her.

What else do you really need to know?

5mesra.jpg

Just thought you should all know I spent the evening watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

It was in english, but I did understand it. First time I actually watched the whole thing though. When it came out, and i was like 5, my parents only let me watch the cartoon at the beginning then made me go to bed. =)

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Whip It... Predictable, but really fun. Big Grin

Holy Sh** Little JOY!!!! Why did no one tell me!?!?! She plays Unattainable on vinyl after the first derby match thing. Honestly, I had to pause the movie just to write this post. Big Grin

Edit: AND Radiohead, No Surprises. Wow!!! Someone has good taste.

quote:
Originally posted by ThePoetsLove:

Watched The Young Victoria last night...it was actually really good! Love Miranda Richardson <3

I really love that movie, I cried like a baby first time I watched it.

ps. Miranda Richardson is excellent, plus she works a lot with French & Saunders. Big Grin

I love that movie! I love Miranda Richardson and Emily Blunt. I had to laugh though because if you squint your eyes a little, you can make it look like Zooey Deschanel or Katy Perry is onscreen.

I recently watched "A Serious Man," which was really good. Very humorous in a dark way.

I saw Toy Story 3 today. It was really good! Funny, dark, sad, sweet...I recommend it. Smiler

SPOILER!

I was seriously sobbing during the incinerator scene when they were all holding hands (and I have never cried that hard watching any movie)...I am SO glad it did not end that way. I was beginning to picture the screen fading to black or something. Anyway, I just loved "the claw." Smiler