Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by SmallTownMoon:

I was sobbing when Andy was giving his toys to Bonnie!

Yeah, I was tearing up at that part too. I couldn't have thought of a better ending. Actually, though, I just think it's strange that Andy wanted to take Woody to college with him in the first place. Oh, well. Smiler

I thought it was a cute movie. The toy story movies always have a good mix of kiddie and adult humor to be enjoyable for everybody. I went with my little cousin and I was surprised she didnt ask me to read the subtitles for her. I guess kids are amused enough by all the toys flying around :P

I'm suprised there isn't more talk on Toy Story 3!!!

I mean, It's making grown men cry! here

(Don't worry no spoilers) So I saw it 3 days ago and I'm still thinking about it. It's AMAZING. It's HILARIOUS and YOU WILL cry. I did during these 2 different scenes, you'll know which ones. So did my brother, sister, mom and even my dad did! People even clapped at the end and during like 2 funny parts (along with all of the sniffles). It may even be the best in the trilogy. (I didn't like 2 as much as the original and this one)

Oh and it's making critics cry too Smiler GO SEE IT and then read all about the freakin cool things Pixar hides in their films here (and listen hard for the cool hand luke reference) Whatever age you are, you will connect with this movie. I see movies in theaters 2 possibly 3 times a year but everyone in my family agrees this is worth paying for again (that's never happened haha)

Oh and if you weren't listening GO SEE IT!

*Sigh* I wanna work for pixar, I watched a documentary on their amazing story last night. They look SO much fun to work for.

I didn't cry at Toy Story 3... And I ALWAYS cry in movies. I cry in six different places in UP every time I watch it... I cry in Mean Girls when Gretchen Weiners is talking about her hoop earrings! But I didn't cry in Toy Story 3.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it. As someone who's grown up with both movies (watching 1 and 2 every time I've been home sick, playing the interactive computer game in my room every day at seven years old, having a cherished Buzz Lightyear, seeing them in 3D this past fall on my first date... Lol), seeing this one was like visiting old friends. Which was really nice. Especially the first scene, which represented everything there is to love about these movies.

And parts of it were really, really funny. I'm not gonna give it away to anyone who hasn't seen it, but one part in particular is my favorite sight gag of allll-time. The incinerator seen was fantastic... Totally forgot they were just toys for a minute there.

But other parts were a little annoying. The dialogue in the exposition just got soo repetitive.

Anyway... I would definitely recommend this movie overall, but I was a little disappointed.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I didn't cry at Toy Story 3... And I ALWAYS cry in movies. I cry in six different places in UP every time I watch it...

Eeker If Up made you cry, I don't see how Toy Story 3 didn't! Wink

I didn't cry during Up, though. Later I was thinking it was sort of funny that I didn't cry when a human died, but when a few toys almost "died," I lost it.

quote:
But other parts were a little annoying. The dialogue in the exposition just got soo repetitive.

I noticed that too. No, the movie wasn't perfect, but I still thought it was really good.

quote:

I didn't cry at Toy Story 3...

AHH HOW? This is the first movie I've ever cried during.

and what were you dissapointed in? I thought it brought lovely but bittersweet closure (Then again I'm officialy a superfan of toy story)

image-4-for-toy-story-gallery-100640636.jpg

WHERE'S YOUR KID NOW, SHERIFF?

I loved this movie so much. "Bittersweet" is indeed the perfect way to summarize it. I wanted the opening scene to go on forever; it kept escalating and getting more and more fantastical! It was just so wonderful to see everyone again...Nostalgia at its finest.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:

I didn't cry at Toy Story 3...

AHH HOW? This is the first movie I've ever cried during.

and what were you dissapointed in? I thought it brought lovely but bittersweet closure (Then again I'm officialy a superfan of toy story)

The only thing that really disappointed me was how bad the dialogue was in the exposition, as I mentioned before. It was a little jarring, and caused me to lose the connection to the characters that I've had in every other Pixar film. (Especially UP, where I still cry at the miscarriage, Ellie's death, the eviction, the house burning, Carl finding the end of the scrapbook, and the Badge Ceremony.