Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Oh man, M. Night Shyamalan, you have failed me. The Last Airbender sucked horribly. All those bad reviews...so true, for once.

Dialogue, can we say CORNY?! The acting wasn't too swift. There was horribe green screening. Need i say more? Such good potential, wasted.

As a fan of the series, I was mortified from the start when I heard that "Shyamalamalan" (as Dale Gribble calls him) was to be directing a feature film adaptation. I have found the critical response to this travesty absolutely hilarious; it goes to show you that you don't even have to be familiar with the source material (which was mercilessly skewed) to realize what a failure this film is. I am also thoroughly amused by the fact that the creators of the series were paid to keep their mouths shut about how they felt about this massacre of their work.

Hollywood will never change.

Which bums me out because I have loved almost all of M.Night's movies "The Sixth Sense" was a masterpiece. Pure and simple. "Unbreakable" and "Signs" were also very solid, interesting movies. "The Village" is a grossly underrated and misunderstood film, and one of my all time favorites.

But then, there was "Lady in the Water", which was imaginative, but poorly executed, and "The Happening", which was horribly unfocused and too gratuitous in its violence. And now we have "The Last Airbender", which was badly paced, unspectacularly acted, was seemingly lazily done.

I mean, I still have optimistic hopes for the Air Bender sequel (if it gets made, since he's already writting it), but I'm worried we may not get more great movies out of this guy (and I will argue those 4 really are greats).

I watched The Fourth Kind last night.

It's based on all true events. And contains real footage. not that Blair Witch Bullshit. There is a really fucked up and medically supervised woman living on the east coast because of this movie.

Holy crap. This movie scared me, and scary movies really don't do it for me. The real footage almost made me cry at one point. It's horrifying honestly.

You guys really need to see this. I'm not a huge alien believer, but man.. this movie really.. jeez.. Holy crap. Bing's page is bout owls today. FML. FML. FML.

movie wise: i enjoyed it. but i'm probably biased somewhere in my soul. a good 8.9/10

Just saw Inception (FINALLY... I usually have fanboy-haste with Chris Nolan's projects, but my gf had to be convinced to see it... haha)

OH MY GOD I love Chris Nolan. He has some of the most fluidly, compelling storytelling around (along with his brother, Jonathan Nolan, and brother in spirit, David Goyer, haha). I don't agree with the countless people who told me it was "confusing", it was just wonderfully intricate and thought provoking.

I need to watch Memento and Prestige again. Nolan has such a way with his own brand of films, it's hard to describe.

Congrats. You just made me want to watch Inception. My brother came home from it ranting and raving that it was wonderful, but he said that about Kung Fu Pnada- he's not exactly the hardest person to please movie-wise.

Maybe I'll catch this one, cause i really did enjoy Prestige. A whole lot...

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

I watched The Fourth Kind last night.

I remember the creepy ass trailer for this movie, i wanted to see it and now i think i'll get on that!

As for inception, I saw it with my siblings and friends and we are all still confused. I analyze movies too much and need to feel like I know what's going on all the time and i didn't. Maybe i need to see it again? Otherwise it was awesome. Plus leo, JGL and cillian are all GORGEOUS men so that was nice...

Ppl who know me know my obsession with the dreamworld and lucid dreaming, so finally a movie that steps into this territory- even if it's an action movie.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Congrats. You just made me want to watch Inception.

Maybe I'll catch this one, cause i really did enjoy Prestige. A whole lot...

Doooo ittt... It was even better than I expected. You'd think a film so ambitious in its scope would have to resort to plot cheats and cheesy exposition, but this was pretty much flawless. And Mark's right; it was fluid and intricate, NOT confusing.

Hey come to think of it, I happen to have a free drive-in pass. And I'm available Saturday night. Razzer

Ooh, la la... haha Sounds fun!

Unfortunately, I'll probably catch this one with my best friends, or my father... If you were to live here, maybe we'd be able to arrange something. WinkRazzer

p.s. it's a bad sign when a family of procrastinators makes plans to see "Toy Story 3" in iMax, in 3D, as soon as Pixar announces that it's on the way (which was, what? Five years ago?).. And have yet to get around to it.. I'll be mad if we miss this, no lie. I've heard good things, and now i'm hearing no things at all... Maybe it's on the way to BluRay and DVD, and Briana's on her way to being a pouty little camper...